We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pesos to English ????

London, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Pesos to English ????

Been thinking about maybe doing a day trip to isle majures and have seen that lots of people have been there for the day ... Most are saying that the ferry is around 140 pesos ... Can someone please advise what this is in English pounds please and I'm totally confused with pesos .. Also is it worth taking pesos or American dollars ......

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pesos to English ????

to convert use www.xe.com website, is very updated .... by hour ...

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,962 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pesos to English ????

take and learn pesos

When I goto your country, I learn your money and exchange

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,228 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pesos to English ????

About $11.50 USD.. We never use Peso's always USD... Isla accepts USD everywhere....

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,900 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pesos to English ????

Using pesos in Mexico is easier for the locals - and it is a better value for anyone traveling there. Using USD actually costs you more money. Besides, pesos are beautiful - my fun money! :)

Use an atm or cambio to exhange your currency for Mexican currency. :)

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
17,131 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pesos to English ????

It doesn't make any sense for a Brit to use USD unless the person already has some and wants to get rid of them. If Americans want to use USD (and pay more for stuff), I guess that is one thing, but a Brit would have to convert to USD (and lose value in the conversion) and then pay a premium for using those USD in Mexico.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,604 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pesos to English ????

Ditto using pesos. Much more value... Yu will not get a valuable exchange rate on Isla using US $. If yo need to exchange anyway, it make son sense to exchange to US $

Beth, there are places on Isla that do not accept US $. Not a lot, but certainly more than a few..

UK
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pesos to English ????

Hi Maxine

At today's rate $140 mex pesos translates to £7.50 sterling

Regards

Higrade

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pesos to English ????

There are a few advantages in using Pesos.

Once you have them, that's it, no unofficial 10 Pesos to $1USD.

The hotel will change your $ but, only into Pesos, so, you'll get coins in with the deal.

The 20Peso and 50Peso notes are plastic so, if they're in your pocket when you enter the water, they are not sodden when you realise your mistake.

9. Re: Pesos to English ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 06:17