We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas 2013 at EPM!!!

White Lake, Michigan
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas 2013 at EPM!!!

DH and I just booked EPM for December 21 - 28. This will be our 3rd visit to EPM and our first away from family and friends during Christmas. Has anyone been at EPM during Christmas in the past? Wondering how it is celebrated at the resort and also thinking about bringing along some presents for the wonderful staff. Any ideas on what would be appropriate and easy to pack/get through customs? Any and all suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas 2013 at EPM!!!

We will be celebrating our 5th Christmas/New year holiday at EPM this year. The hotel nicely decorate the upper and lower lobby area which gives the festive feel to the place. Little touches are made on Christmas day where santa arrives in style. Previous years we have seen him arrive on a jet ski, Parasailing sledge and last year he arrived on a Harley Davidson motorbike. Who knows what treat we will be in store for this year. As you will be aware the hotel is always arranging different treats for its guests.

Regarding what present to bring. I always try to work out what would suit the person that I want to give a gift to and try to work it from there.

It's so nice to be away at Christmas and not have any washing up to do.

White Lake, Michigan
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas 2013 at EPM!!!

Thank you for the reply buttylovers666!!

We are super excited to be celebrating Christmas at EPM this year. We usually go all out with the decorations, food, presents, etc during the holidays and this will definately be a huge change for us.

In the past, what kind of gifts did you bring with you for staff members? On our most recent trip, we brought a Red Wings hat for Adan at the EC pool bar.

What kind of food and activities have they had in the past for Christma day? Do they do the "traditional" Christmas dinner?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas 2013 at EPM!!!

I do remember that they have had a gospel choir at the bottom of the staircase, at the side of the Martini bar for either Christmas eve or Christmas day evening which was absolutely magical.

Last year there was a pinata on the beach in the afternoon, where numerous guests had a bash at cracking (blindfolded) which was such fun.

There is also a Christmas roast on Christmas day with Turkey and trimmings in Toscana.

We have taken many different gifts over the years from toiletries, cosmetics and perfume. This year we are taking an English football shirt, an Isle of Man t-shirt and an English football sweater for some staff members. We also like to take a special gift that is not for anyone specifically but something we can give to someone at the end of our stay who has helped to make our holiday special. Hope this helps.

White Lake, Michigan
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas 2013 at EPM!!!

Sounds absolutely wonderful!!

Thanks again buttylovers, you have been a huge help!!

Flitwick, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas 2013 at EPM!!!

Hi,

We celebrated out first Christmas in the Sun at EPM in 2012 and as Buttylover says they really do go all out to make it special and a lot of fun.

They have special Festive themed menus on Christmas Eve\ Christmas day in some of the restaurants - we ate in the French Christmas day and had a wonderful meal. The staff really do pull out all the stops and seem to have even bigger smiles on their faces if thats possible given how happy they usually are.

Will see you there ! :-)

@ Buttylover - just booked today for Christmas 2013 from 10th Dec to 28th - looking forward to seeing you again :-)

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas 2013 at EPM!!!

uk jode - thats great news to know that we will be seeing you again. It's also strange to know seven months in advance that the four of us will most probably be the last to leave the Martini bar at 2 in the morning.

A touch of deja vu from 2012 x

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
505 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas 2013 at EPM!!!

Okay, I'm new to this forum. Can someone tell me what EMP stands for? I'm looking at a possibilities for a New Years vacation. Usually go to Couples Swept Away in Jamaica for New Years but I'm considering a change this year.

KK

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
350 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas 2013 at EPM!!!

EPM = Excellence Playa Mujeres

9. Re: Christmas 2013 at EPM!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 05:17