We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM -- Sold out??

Kansas
Level Contributor
71 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
EPM -- Sold out??

We were planning to travel with five couples in October to EPM. Three of us booked in May, but the other two dragged their feet. Now, it appears the only rooms available are Roof Top Terrace EC rooms that may have knocked the other two couples out of going.

Several questions:

1. What is the likelihood that the resort is oversold or sold out in late October? Any chance there are rooms available but aren't showing up for some odd reason?

2. If the rooms are sold out, what is the likelihood the three of us who have already booked can move our reservations to the other Excellence in Cancun so we can all be together? (I booked through Expedia. I'm not sure how the other two, already-booked couples, booked.)

Thanks in advance. I'll listen offline!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,200 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM -- Sold out??

What are the exact dates for Oct?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM -- Sold out??

Have you tried calling the resort directly? I would think they'd have the best answer.

Boston...
Level Contributor
829 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM -- Sold out??

I'd look at a bunch of different sites (Excellence website, Expedia, Orbitz etc) to see if they all show sold out. It's possible that the website that you are looking at sold their allocation of rooms.

Kansas
Level Contributor
71 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM -- Sold out??

I have looked at every site I can think of including Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt, etc. It appears all that's available on all sites for Oct. 15-24 (some are staying longer or are on either end of that length of time) is the Roof Top Terrace in the EC.

Those of us already booked did not book the Excellence Club. And the RTT may price one couple out of the trip. :(

I honestly thought we all had a little time before we absolutely do-or-die needed to book. Last time we all went together, in late September of 2011, we didn't book until late July.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM -- Sold out??

I'd call and ask - referencing your existing bookings, and see what they say.

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
350 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM -- Sold out??

I wonder if some company has booked a large number of rooms for a corporate event? The EPM website is showing everything sold out except the EC RTT for your dates. :(

Springboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM -- Sold out??

If I can make a suggestion as it does appear the resort is booked full check ERC for availability for 5 couples.

Kansas
Level Contributor
71 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM -- Sold out??

I am truly devastated. We have traveled to EPM in the past together and had a wonderful time. But I think our good times would be seriously distorted by a packed to the gills resort. I will call EPM and inquire about a transfer to ERC. I hope we'll like it almost as much :(

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM -- Sold out??

It was 97% full when we were there and it seemed pretty empty at times! Service was excellent and never had much of a wait for dinner (twice in 8 nights I think).

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,200 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM -- Sold out??

The 18th and the 19th are the only 2 nights sold out...