We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM price question

Dartmouth...
Level Contributor
60 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
EPM price question

Hi all,

I am thinking of EPM for our honeymoon in April of 2014. We are planning on going for 2 weeks: April 12-26. I have a quote of almost $7,700 for an EC ocean front room (which I understand is really an ocean view) with a direct flight. Is this a decent price? I am afraid to book now and have the price drop significantly, but I also don't want to not book and have the price go up. I have also heard that the best time to book is abt 4-6 months before. I am at abt 10 months before. What have your experiences been?

Thanks for any input you can provide!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM price question

Hi Danielle,

It's hard to say whether it is a decent price as it depends on where are you travel from.

Do not book on the first day, do more research and try different travel web sites and within a few weeks you will see a price difference.

As for ocean view room at EPM none of the rooms have REAL ocean view so you can save more on regular room. There are a lot of reviews here on TA tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1229340-d64943…

Springboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM price question

Make sure whoever you book with gives you a best price guarantee so if the price drops you get it. This far out I would only book the room and do your airfare separately it should go down. About 45 day's out is the best time to book air as far as price is concerned. Sent you a PM.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM price question

It sounds reasonable to me if that is for you both - we paid just under $4k for 8 nights including direct flights for a non club garden view room in May. The rooms are not ocean front in the normal sense, but they definitely are ocean view - not sure why someone thought they were not?

New York
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM price question

that sounds like a very good price for a 2 week stay!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM price question

Looks reasonable, maybe a little high depending on the flight costs. I realize it may be tough to get direct flights from NS so you've done well there. I just checked direct on the Excellence website for April 12-26, 2014 and for an EC junior Suite Ocean View it shows US$6244. So the flights would have to be approx $1500 for the two of you to make the $7700 (assuming US$ at par with CDN$)

What we do is book air direct with the ailine (easier to find choices from Ottawa or through Toronto) and book the resort online. You can cancel the resort up to a week before without penalty. You lock in at the price but if you keep looking and the price drops you cancel and re-book. This has happened to us when we booked Excellence Punta Cana and worked out great. You do have the book the airport transfer seperately and we use Cancun Transfers but there are others.

Hope this is helpful.

Edited: 14 June 2013, 14:57
Downingtown...
Level Contributor
555 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM price question

We booked for May 6 to May 17 went through Sunset Travel (Sarah Bosnall) She gave us a rate of $5500.00 preferred club oceanfront we could not do our flights this early.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
555 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM price question

Did you get a flight this early they said we could only do 6months before

Springboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM price question

I use her as well she is great.

9. Re: EPM price question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres