We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secret trip to EMP a good thing?

Federal Way...
Level Contributor
348 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Secret trip to EMP a good thing?

Taking the wife to EPM in October. She does not know where we are going, she just knows how much time to take off of work, and two weeks ago we submitted all her paperwork and fees for her passport.

My wife will probably love to just stay at EPM and relax for 90% of the time there, so no big excursions need be planned.

I'm wondering if I should tell her as our departure date gets closer so that she can pack accordingly?? (dress codes for eating)

thoughts?

thanks!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
140 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secret trip to EMP a good thing?

I think the surprise is great. You could simply tell her what type of clothing she'll need for dinner etc, along with beach attire. My wife would drive herself (and me) crazy wondering where we were going.

Kudos to you for planning such a great trip for her. What dates?

Federal Way...
Level Contributor
348 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secret trip to EMP a good thing?

October 19-25

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secret trip to EMP a good thing?

I agree that the surprise would be great for her. Just look up the dress codes for the restaurants so she can be prepared. It sounds like a wonderful plan.

Market Harborough...
Level Contributor
23 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secret trip to EMP a good thing?

Don't tell her! Surprises are fab! Just tell her to pack some nice dresses/ smart summer outfits and you will be fine :)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,012 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secret trip to EMP a good thing?

Just give her a general idea - beach holiday in a very nice hotel in Mexico

In the run and to the trip you could possible to a few teasers with the odd photograph, a sample menu, etc

Springboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secret trip to EMP a good thing?

I agree with above posters sun dresses/shoes for them. Less shorts than you think you will need . But don't tell her!!!

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secret trip to EMP a good thing?

What a lovely thing to do Tariss :)

As a lady, as much as I love surprises, I think I would like to know where I was going so I could research and pack accordingly.

Either way, you wife is a very lucky lady!

Springboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secret trip to EMP a good thing?

I agree with Wydcombe tell her you are taking her away to a romantic getaway in topical location where it is very warm...... and then let her pack!!!! Have fun!!!!

Federal Way...
Level Contributor
348 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secret trip to EMP a good thing?

thanks everyone.

"taking her away to a romantic getaway in topical location where it is very warm"

I like that wording Ireland!

If she asks thats what I think I'll tell her.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secret trip to EMP a good thing?

And where she might want to dress for dinner. If it were me, I'd want to know that!