We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM club?????

Belleville, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
EPM club?????

Hi.. My husband and I are traveling to EPM in October.. we are booked in the Jr suite but we can upgrade to the Jr suite club for only $100 a night.. is it worth it????

Boston...
Level Contributor
868 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM club?????

2 recent threads regarding this topic

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1229340-i12413-k6…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1229340-i12413-k6…

Edited: 06 August 2013, 00:43
Belleville, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM club?????

Thank you!!

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
554 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM club?????

We just booked that Gerry Q, i looked at mostly all the reviews, I love the one when he compared it from going to coach to first class, I think if you can afford it you should pamper yourself!

Denver, Colorado...
Level Contributor
146 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM club?????

DO IT!!!!!!! : ) have fun!

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,322 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM club?????

We never book EC and we certainly do not feel " coach". Everyone is treated first class

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM club?????

Excellence Club means separate location, separate pool and bar, private lounge, upgraded amenities... I think the airline analogy makes perfect sense.

Belleville, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM club?????

Thank you!! I emailed the resort and made the change. :) I appreciate your input. EC it is

Hurricane, West...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM club?????

Just in case anyone else is thinking about this, my husband and I went to ERC in 2010 and we're going to EPM this October. We've booked the Excellence Club both times, and these are my thoughts.

Firstly, it's all about what you consider important. When I got to the beach, I want to see the ocean from my room. The only rooms with ocean-front views are in the EC, so to me, that's hugely important. Secondly, when we go on vacation, we don't particularly like being around a lot of people and tend to keep to ourselves. For us, vacation is downtime, not party time. Being in the EC gives you access to quieter pools, a quieter beach, and a quieter lounge. We saw all these things as big perks.

There are other perks as well (upgraded liquor in your room, for example), but to me, those first two things were incredibly important and merited getting EC on their own. If you couldn't care less about those things, then you'll be okay booking a regular room. As someone mentioned earlier, I've never seen the staff treat someone worse than us because they weren't EC.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,322 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM club?????

Not true on the view. Building 7B has exactlynthecsame view of the ocean as 8B.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,322 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM club?????

as well as its own quiet pool and hot tub. The lounge to me ( and I have been in it several times) feels like an airport business lounge... Not that excited by it.

I can understand why people may go for it, but for us, we spend the $$ on extra days. I suppose if we only had time for a week we might consider it, but probably not. There are plenty of quiet spots apart from EC areas... I love the cabanas by the spa.... Can't get more private than those, and if you let a staff member know you are there, you will get service all day

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres
Recent Conversations