We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM - a couple of questions.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
EPM - a couple of questions.

Hi, I have just booked a fortnight at the EPM in Nov, (Nov 20th - Dec 4th), this is our first trip to Mexico, although I have stayed at other all inclusives around the Caribbean. I have read loads about EPM here on TA over the past couple of days and I have to say it sounds amazing! Not that we want to wish the Summer away, but we are already counting down the days to November! :-) I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations re room/building requests. I realsie the hotel cannot accomodate all requests, but I guess it's worth asking. We have booked a standard junior suite, as I understand it, none of these will come with an ocean view as these are reserved for Excellence Club guests, but can anyone suggest a good block for a nice view, maybe of the pool or something? We would like to be as close to the beach and pool as possible. Are the higher floors better? Also I keep reading about the pools being freezing, will this be the case in Nov? I know the EC has heated pools which must mean there is a need for it at certain times of the year. We are mostly beach people so it's not the end of the world, but I do like to float around in the pool from time to time and don't want to turn into an icicle when I fancy a swim... :-)

I'm sure these are repeat questions, so my apologies if they are. Any other tips or advice will be greatly received, we are just so excited to go and have the best time!

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
London
Level Contributor
253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM - a couple of questions.

I thoguht that there are 4 heated pools in winter of which 2 of them are Excellence Club

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,222 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM - a couple of questions.

I would request Bldg. #7 and a high floor.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM - a couple of questions.

The EC pools around blocks 8 and 9 are heated and also the main pool which has the swim up bar. The EC pools are warmer than the main pool, I think mainly due to the vast size of the main pool. We are there each December and sometimes the main pool is fine for a swim, then other times it isn't. It all depends on the weather conditions, obviously if it stays nice and warm the heat stays in. If the weather turns, then it can take quite a few days to bring the temperature back up.

If you want a partial sea view then some rooms in block 7b overlook The Beloved hotel and have a side view of the beach. To be fair, I personally do not think that any of the blocks have a bad view, it just depends on what you prefer

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,559 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM - a couple of questions.

There are four heated pools in the winter when required

EC Pools @ #8b & #9

Main pool on the swim up bar side and the inner spa pool

For a Non-EC building I would suggest and upper floor room in #7b

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM - a couple of questions.

Thanks for all your suggestions, it looks like 7 and 7b are the winners here :-)

6. Re: EPM - a couple of questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 05:18