We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currently being loved at The Beloved

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Topic
Currently being loved at The Beloved

So glad we chose to return here for 5 nights. Absolutely loving the place.

Our penthouse suite is just stunning. I have to say, I was initially worried we weren't in Building 2, but completely changed my mind as soon as we got through the door. Room 141 has a gorgeous front facing view of the ocean (lovely as you sit with the hot tub doors open to the balcony), and a wonderful full on view of the marina from the side terrace, with the hydro spa pool. Being on the top floor means you're pretty safe from prying eyes, which is great for the shy set!

The bed and shower are so huge (I think King means 'Super King' here); husband almost slipped over passing me the shampoo yesterday lol.

Due to time zone issues, we beat down the gym door on Day 2. I thought it opened at 6 (doh!). Nope, it's 7. I can't tell you how weird it was to seem so keen. Great machines; how other highly rated resorts get away with their shockingly old equipment, is beyond me, when this place is so much cheaper.

The SPA must be the best in the Excellence group (though I haven't been to EPC). The aqua viva ritual goes on for ever (definitely a compliment), and the final 'scalp massage' included body parts far removed from just my head. Fabulous! Take your waterproof camera and record your other half receiving a bucket of cold water from above. Priceless! Only cost $40 each, since the 15% anniversary discount was applicable to this too. Great value.

Food is better than I remember and I'm being less shy about ordering 3 starters etc, to try and experience as much of the great menus in 5 nights as I can.

Going to be pampered in a private beach cabana today, literally steps from the water. Man I'm a lucky girl. :-)

The sun has just come up and it looks like it is going to be a beautiful day!

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,526 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currently being loved at The Beloved

Great to hear you are having a wonderful time

What do you think of the other changes since you were last there???

Please give Carina a hug from me

Roll on September for us

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Currently being loved at The Beloved

Thanks, Flip.

Where would I find Carina? Is she one of the concierges in the main reception area?

Having only stayed the one time prior to this trip, we may not notice all the new things you do, but I love the extra special touches, like the lobby bar coffee treats, and earlier opening, from 11 am (well, it's 5 o clock at home! So not feeling guilty). Aroma has improved their outside dinner setup. Lovely atmosphere, really great lighting etc, very romantic.

Feeling so much better than last year (avoid antibiotics and multiple time zones people, not a good mix), so have enjoyed the intimacy of the Lupita lounge this year too. Everyone here seems to be falling over themselves to make sure you have a great time. E.g. Just had our anniversary fruit and champagne delivered!

Had lunch at The El Mar beach restaurant today, with sand in my toes and a gorgeous view of Isla. Calzone was very, very tasty. I think they've stepped up their lunch offerings.

Planning on stopping by the beach bonfire, before dinner tonight. The resort seems busier than last year (the good word must be spreading), the kids are still as young and cute as I remember, and most seem to vaporise as if by magic after 8 pm, so no problem at all!

We have a super long Spa day planned tomorrow, followed by more Hobie cat antics, with a DIY trip to Isla planned on Monday.

Any questions, people. Just ask. :-)

westhoughtonh...
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Currently being loved at The Beloved

Really pleased your are having amazing time...We arrive for the second time on the !st of September for 10 days and your post made me so happy and excited and can't wait to get there. Can you tell me how much does a Cabana costs for a day I have forgot we had one last year and really enjoyed it..Also did you get upgraded to Penthouse or did you pre-book it ??? Do enjoy the rest of your holiday lol Teresa from Bolton Lancs.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,526 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currently being loved at The Beloved

Hi again

Carina is the Guest Services Manager and has the desk nearest the Lobby Bar

Keep on having fun

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Currently being loved at The Beloved

Teresa - thank you for your kind wishes! I think it would be impossible to not enjoy ourselves.

The single (couples) cabana, is $45, or $65 if you would like a foot massage each. The double (x2) cabanas are $65 and $85 for the same thing. We passed on the massage, cos husband has very ticklish feet lol.

We booked the penthouse, and so glad we did. It's over the top gorgeous. The 2 in building 1 are so convenient for everything, and a blessing for gals like me who like to wear heels on holiday, but are more used to flats. Ouch!

Flip - I think I know who you mean. Will give her your best, this morning!

If I don't do any more posts, it could well be that I've died of relaxation in the SPA. ;-)

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Currently being loved at The Beloved

Have a great vacation

Toronto
Level Contributor
232 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Currently being loved at The Beloved

Sounds like you are having a great time!! Enjoy your vacation - save some fun and sun for me and my families upcoming trip :)

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Currently being loved at The Beloved

Thanks @Bob and @takemefaraway. :-)

Enjoyed a great breakfast this morning (have a strawberry Bellini; mimosas are so yesterday, lol). So sad we only have 2 breakfast experiences left!

Couples spa treatment was wickedly expensive, but lots of fun, yet intimate at the same time.

Had a great room service lunch; who knew octopus wasn't just yucky 'elastic bands' in batter. Probably showing my ignorance here, but the UK only gets a muted seafood experience, in some places!

Flip - it's Carina's day off, so I'll say hi tomorrow!

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,201 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Currently being loved at The Beloved

Sounds wonderful! Are there many kids around?

Toronto
Level Contributor
232 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Currently being loved at The Beloved

How busy is the resort? Seems like capacity is running very high...