We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building 8b versus 9 - thoughts?

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Building 8b versus 9 - thoughts?

This will be our third trip to EPM (arriving in just over two weeks!) and it occurred to me that its just about time to put in a room request. Can anyone comment on 8b versus building 9? We're regular EC (not RTT or swim-up) and we use the EC lounge pretty frequently (but we're usually in the 8 block). Does building 9 seem far away to pop in for a drink? We loved the EC pool by building 8 and spent just about all of our time there. In particular, we liked the proximity of the sol bar and how easy it was to get drinks. How is drink service at building 9? Any thoughts would be appreciated, along with specific room numbers, if you have a recommendation. Thanks.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Building 8b versus 9 - thoughts?

Hi it sounds like you already know your answer :) We found that building 9 was wonderfully quiet and if you want more piece and quiet that is the one for you.

However we chose to stay in 8b and LOVED it, like you said it is over looking EC pool with the bar, very close to EC lounge - to pop into on the way home for a night cap and a truffle chocolate :) being in block 9 you would be walking in the opposite direction which is fine as long as you don't mind a stroll before bed. We also like the fact that no restaurants are too far away and night time entertainment is close but still quiet if you want to stay in for the evening.

We have booked again to go back in November and will be requesting a 3rd floor or higher room in 8b :) What ever block you get youll have a wonderful time :)

UK
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Building 8b versus 9 - thoughts?

Hi

We have stayed in both. And have no real preference. As both have advantages over the other.

Block 9 Most of the time we have had the pool to ourselves, in general it is a very quiet location and is the closest block to the wedding gazebo. Also 9 is just a few steps away from the Martini bar and restaurants. There is not a bar there however the concierges and wait staff do ensure that your glass is not empty.

Block 8 has its own bar and the lovely Adan ( who always ensures your gls is full) The pool is busier so easier to meet folks. It is close to the EC club house if you fancy a snack/doing some emails etc.

I'd be happy with either!

Regards

Higrade

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Building 8b versus 9 - thoughts?

Thanks for the comments. I'm still leaning 8b (as you might have guessed), but I would not be disappointed with 9. How many floors does 8b have? I would like to request the floor just below RTT.

boston ma
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Building 8b versus 9 - thoughts?

Swim outs on the bottom floor (obviously ), 3 floors of the EC Jr. suites, with the top two floors being the RTT rooms. If my math is correct, that makes 6 floors.

boston ma
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Building 8b versus 9 - thoughts?

We have stayed in both 8b and 9, and were happy with both. From the EC lounge to the entrance of Highrise 9 is only about 100 yards or so, not much of a walk at all.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Building 8b versus 9 - thoughts?

Stayed in 8b last year Labor Day. Nice view but a little too much sun for us in the morning. We could not enjoy the balcony then. I'm sure it is great Nov-Apr. The pool there was crowded but the bar is convenient. I prefer 8a or 9 this time of year. 8 is better of course if you want to use the EC lounge/pool/beach much. As others mentioned building 9 is really great for dining. So close and no bridge which my wife loves. Nice to watch some weddings too.

In 8b you would want rooms in the 8360s or 8260s (1 floor down) would be nice too. In 9 those would be 9350s or 9250s.

We leave the 7th. Will you be there then?

Denver, Colorado...
Level Contributor
146 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Building 8b versus 9 - thoughts?

Leaving the 5th! We requested to be in building 8. See you then! YAY for vacation!

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Building 8b versus 9 - thoughts?

We will be there Sept. 6-11.

Selby North Yorks
Level Contributor
259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Building 8b versus 9 - thoughts?

just as a codisil to this thread it seems that the hotel may well be full in early september and you may not get your choice of room or building !!!!

New England
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Building 8b versus 9 - thoughts?

9351...our room of choice. Tried building 8 last time but we love the peace of 9, same room the 2 other times, All rooms in both buildings are great, win win in either building

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres
Recent Conversations