We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from: Highgrade is in the house!

UK
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Live from: Highgrade is in the house!

Mr & Mrs H arrived "home"again last evening. Great flight with BA from Gatwick and a smooth run through immigration in Cancun. Feels like we haven't been away.

We have seen some familar faces already...Virginia, Jesus, Adan, Gianeli, Victor. We are sorry that we will not meet Mariana Lojero this trip as she is at home but have met with Daniella and Christy and I am sure that they will be as fabulous at taking care of guests too

I am also pleased to say that some of us regulars are here too - saw drinkincandadian and mattbethnewjersey earlier today. They have been here a few days ahead of us already and seem to be having a good time despite the weather. (Happy birthday special lady)

Last night saw a lovely set up in the cafe cafe square to celebrate Mexican Independence day. Unfortunately the weather somewhat curtailed the celebrations with an ill timed shower. I am very pleased to say that the weather has behaved a little better today than I have been reading on the forums of late - until just now - as it is raining as I type (which is a shame as the staff have been setting up the Caribbean nite all day on the beach - looks like this will be a wash out unless thinks improve dramatically.

It was windy in the morning however the wind settled and allowed for some time for relaxing on the beach, We managed a good walk along the beach - largely to stretch our legs but also to look at the new resort being built north of the resort. It will be up past the golf course so IMO will have minimal impact on EPM. The beach towards the Beloved appears narrower than we remembered and they appear to have errected some extra huts. It looks very quiet over there.

We spotted a sea eagle and some pelicans fishing on our walk. One of the poor pelicans was pestered by a gull that sat on its back/head everytime it caught a fish- in a cheeky attempt to steal the catch!

Joined in a couple of classes around mid morning Aloe Class and Monkey Drink Class...ladies if you get the chance do go to the Aloe class. Patricia is fun and taught us how to make the best of aloe in our beauty regimens! Definitely on my list of new beauty secrets!

A few changes we have noticed so far

Food presentations so far are improved.

Menus have been switched up

New tassimo style coffee machines in the club bed rooms (GOOD coffee!)

Beach north of resort has much more vegetation than last year

We plan on dining in the Basmati tonight. Then chilling in the Martini Bar.

Any questions I can help with - just ask! You have two weeks of opportunities :)

Regards

Higrade

River Falls...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from: Highgrade is in the house!

I thought I read in the forum that Mariana is no longer with Excellence. Maybe I misunderstood. She was always our connection for getting a great room.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
193 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from: Highgrade is in the house!

Loved reading your live report and hope you continue to update. I hope you enjoy your stay!

UK
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from: Highgrade is in the house!

HI Nellie

We have always kept in touch with Mariana even when we are away from resort. She told us ahead of our trip that she would not be here as she has some personal matters that require her dedication at this time. I am sure everyone here understands that we were told what this was in confidence and as such I am unable to expand on this further.

Regards

H

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,400 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from: Highgrade is in the house!

Looking forward to seeing you both later in the trip

UK
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from: Highgrade is in the house!

Thank you Flipflopman

We look forward to meeting you and Mrs F too

Regards

H

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from: Highgrade is in the house!

Hope you have a great time

Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from: Highgrade is in the house!

Thank you for the update. Think the weather has been better over the last couple of days so hopefully it will continue. See you Saturday!!!

Commack, New York
Level Contributor
64 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from: Highgrade is in the house!

I will be there in 30 days for the first time so keep the updates coming I will read everyone and the rookie will learn the ropes from the veterans. Thanks and enjoy your trip

Boston...
Level Contributor
868 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from: Highgrade is in the house!

Mrs H that's me celebrating my birthday today not Mattbeth (although I am sure she is a very special lady too!). See you on the beach tomorrow! :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
487 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from: Highgrade is in the house!

Thanks for the live from and looking forward to meeting a bunch of TA posters whom I've read for years. See you this Sunday evening!

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres