We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Excellence Playa Mujeres

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Excellence Playa Mujeres

Hi there,

My husband and I will be taking our honeymoon at the EPM in November and we'd like to take the Ferry to Isla Mujeres.

From google maps, I can see that the ferry is just on the other side of the neighbouring hotel. What's the best way to get to the doc? Walk on the beach? Walk on the road? Is a taxi necessary?

I'm aware that the ferry there is a little slower than the one in Cancun.

Is it safe for tourists?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Excellence Playa Mujeres

We always get a taxi from the hotel it only takes about 10 minutes and cost around $12. Make sure to ask for the ultramars ferry as there are two different operators and the other one isn't as frequent. Don't worry it safe, just keep your wits about you, as you would anywhere.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Excellence Playa Mujeres

The ferry is from Puerto juarez a little further away. The port near the hotel is for private boats.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,122 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Excellence Playa Mujeres

There is. Ferry to Isla just minutes walk fro. The resort but it is a car ferry. My ou will want to catch a cab to peurto Juarez, and take e ultramar ferry. It is a lovely, fast catamaran ferry. Very modern and clean.

Southern California
Level Contributor
12,823 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Excellence Playa Mujeres

Took the car ferry once, first trip to Isla, takes forever and limited schedule, take the Ultramar.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Excellence Playa Mujeres

Take the ultramar - we met people who took the Barney boat and they swore never again!

6. Re: Ferry from Excellence Playa Mujeres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 06:22