We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Repeat Guests of Excellence

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
204 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Repeat Guests of Excellence

After reading a number of reviews and recently starting to join this forum, I am curious about a loyalty program with Excellence? My husband and I will be going to EPM for our first trip but our fifth with Excellence (we stayed at ERC and EPC). I am just wondering because each visit, after the first, I have emailed and let the hotel know that we're coming and that we are repeat guests, although, our experiences have been amazing, we don't seem to have the little added extras that I have read about recently - special dinners, little gifts in the room, having extra items delivered, etc. We always upgrade to EC. Is there a program that I am unaware of?

Trust me, we love Excellence and feel it's our home away from home and extras or not, everything about Excellence is unbelievable and we will continue to go back for many more years.

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Scuba & Snorkeling
North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Repeat Guests of Excellence

No program that I am aware of....

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
334 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Repeat Guests of Excellence

We are leaving this weekend on our 5th trip to an Excellence resort, 3rd time to EPM. We have received gifts in the past, like a beach bag or cap with the Excellence brand on it as returning guests, but other than that, have not received any other recognition that some describe on this forum.

Excellence resorts do not have a loyalty program that I am aware of....

3. Re: Repeat Guests of Excellence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 September 2013, 12:09
North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Repeat Guests of Excellence

Samantha, I believe you have hit the nail squarely on the head, however, you may have left out the most important part..... that's the way it is everywhere, in every facet of life and business. Depending on one's viewpoint, it may be viewed as right or wrong.... but it is in fact the way in the real world.

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Repeat Guests of Excellence

Do you also think it makes a difference how you book your trip? If you go through a travel agent who does high volume business with a resort chain, and your agent notes that you are a return guest, would that get you more than if you booked through some other source?

alta vista, ontario
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Repeat Guests of Excellence

It's been said that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

What one wants and/or expects from their vacation is really their choice.

One might prefer not to schmooze with anyone and simply enjoy all the resort offers in privacy.

Another may "get out there" and want to meet everyone and their dog; to be remembered for posterity (read: treats).

In the end, it's all up to the individual, isn't it?

And then there are those who have a job to do and just get on with it ;)

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Repeat Guests of Excellence

Very well said Samantha...... schmoozing or not scmoozing is up to the individual.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,132 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Repeat Guests of Excellence

Even for resorts that have loyalty programs, they mostly consist of the silly hats and t-shirts. I wish any of these big AI chains would institute a true loyalty program with meaningful swag; maybe upgraded rooms, or a special dinner or bottle of wine/spirit.

Boston...
Level Contributor
876 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Repeat Guests of Excellence

That is the ONE edge I give to the Sandals chain over Excellence. They have a great loyalty program. Money off of your next stay based on past trips and a free one week trip after 70 paid nights.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Repeat Guests of Excellence

So Sassy, what did you receive during you return trips to Excellence?