We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Market 28

Melville, New York...
Level Contributor
181 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Market 28

There is a new review mentioning Market 28 as something that should not be missed, is that really just the Flavor Market?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,194 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Market 28

I think Market 28 is a shopping type mall in Cancun.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Market 28

Everyone should go here at least once. Hopefully, you have thick skin. Hard core sales here, with all the famous sayings used along the way. "hey, i rip u off for less", "plastic is fantastic", etc... Lots of fun for about 30 min to an hour. Much more than that and i run outta patience in need to leave. All that said, fun to a certain extent. In some sorta twisted way that is.

Edited: 01 October 2013, 12:59
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Market 28

Yup, right up there with Coral Negro. To be avoided at all costs. Pretend there's a bubonic plague there, and stay away.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,655 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Market 28

For me, Market 28 and 5th Av. in Playa del Carmen are in the same category. Places to avoid.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
766 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Market 28

There is a really good restaurant at Market 28. It is called El Cejas. Great food and fun to watch all the people wandering around. Yes you can get pestered there but it is not overwhelming in my opinion. Just part of visiting Mexico.

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Market 28

If you looking for "locals" true experience, then go Market 23, is where locals go, the Market 28 is for Tourist's

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Market 28

Exactly. Not to mention that the restaurants at Mercado 23 are better also.

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
215 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Market 28

23 much better than 28 if you want to see how locals shop, and find some good deals at lower prices............28 is fun to go to if you have thick skin, also visit every jewelry store at 28 and "browse", they will all offer you a cold corona while looking around..............

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
766 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Market 28

Which restaurants would you recommend at Market 23?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
5,420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Market 28

We have our favorite. Why not find your own instead of what other people suggest - it's more fun! . Tip: What's a very simple way of determining how good the food is without even sampling it? (These are open air restaurants).