We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM - Block 5 versus 7b - a few queries!

Hampshire
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
EPM - Block 5 versus 7b - a few queries!

Hi everyone,

Here goes with another question.... Apologies for being annoying by posting lots of questions (and in this case a long one), but it's only 4 weeks until we go now... Woo hoooo!!

I've managed to narrow my preference (if lucky enough to be accommodated) to a couple of blocks - 5 or 7b. (thanks again FFM for helping me with my last forum question about block requests to the hotel).

W are non EC, NON Swim out, so:

1. 7b looks good because of its quiet location and secluded pool. The only thing that puts me off is looking into the Beloved. Is the kiddies play area noisy? The sea view aspect doesn't really worry me, it's more the secluded pool that appeals, but if The Beloved next door impacts in terms of noise/ ambience then I'd prefer to stay clear.

2. Block 5 looks good due to a fairly quiet location on the lazy river, afternoon sun and nice view over the spa area. My question here is how easy is it to get seats around the lazy river if you haven't got a swim up room? Are there many in that area?

Any general opinions on the above blocks would be much appreciated. Like I say, we aren't too worried about a sea view, just peace and quiet and the ability to get a seat in a nice quiet area in the sun! I'm leaning towards 5 for the view over the lazy river... but just not sure as the secluded pool at 7b appeals too!

Thanks all in advance! Hopefully, after my return I'll be able to repay all my questions by answering a few forum queries myself!!! x

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM - Block 5 versus 7b - a few queries!

7B -- odds are you will never even notice that the beloved is there. Unless they have a wedding with music and it can be very nice while sitting out on your balcony. And 7B is central to everything in the resort.

Seats around the lazy river. I don't think you will have a problem at all. The swim out suites already have 2 chairs right outside their suite.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM - Block 5 versus 7b - a few queries!

Have no experience with Block 5 but have enjoyed two RTT rooms in 7B. In July/August timeframe, which may or not be a factor, proximity or orientation relative to TBH was absolutely a non issue to us.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM - Block 5 versus 7b - a few queries!

Thanks very much Mattbeth and TexAg, 7b does look really central to everything and having a pool right outside the block is a bonus.

Anyone got any thought experience of block 5? 7b might be winning so far...just still slightly attached to looking out over the lazy river. Choices choices!!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM - Block 5 versus 7b - a few queries!

Hi

We have never stayed in #5 but my question would be do you want a room where your view is of the Spa???

To an extend it will allow you to people watch to the side and it will look very pretty at night when pools are lit up. It should be nice and peaceful and you should get good afternoon sun

Personally I would rather have a more open aspect

Hampshire
Level Contributor
195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM - Block 5 versus 7b - a few queries!

Hi again FFM,

yeah I guess you're right that at night the spa will look pretty, but during the day not so much. I've seen some pics of the view over the spa, but like you say they are generally at night when it's all lit up.

I think my only (probably preconceived) worry about 7b is that looking out over The Beloved and the grounds in between the 2 resorts might not be very pretty - but to be fair I have no idea what the view is and so am only guessing here!! I really do like the idea of having a pool directly outside though.

Trip advisor has been so helpful the last couple of months, can't thank everyone enough!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM - Block 5 versus 7b - a few queries!

Hi again

If you check out my photo album of TBH for June you will see some photos of of #7b taken from TBH so it will give you an idea of the area between the two properties

…slickpic.com/a/TheBelovedHotel2012/photo…

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,014 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM - Block 5 versus 7b - a few queries!

I like 7B. And we have ever experienced noise of any kind from TBH

St Louis
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM - Block 5 versus 7b - a few queries!

We stayed in block 7B in 2012 and in block 5 earlier thus month. We loved 7B & we understand outside of EC, it is the most popular block. We requested to stay in 7B again this year. They did not have anything available,so we were in block 5 room 5108,the closest to building 6. 7b is much quieter in the evening when the music is playing. 7b had sun most of the day and was centrally located. We thought the view was nice. Block 5 looks over the spa/lazy river. We were right next to the bridge to the spa. We never had sun on our balcony,tons of palms right outside. Block 5 is a bit further of a walk to the beach & restaurants, but honestly it was not bad at all. We will still request 7B again next year. Anywhere at EPM is better than home at work. Enjoy your trip.

9. Re: EPM - Block 5 versus 7b - a few queries!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 00:00
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM - Block 5 versus 7b - a few queries!

If you can have a great view it is a bonus as many people like to have breakfast on their balcony and with them all having a daybed on them many people use it as a chill out area as well so again a nice view is great