We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having an off week at epm

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Having an off week at epm

We're at EPM right now and I guess they're having an off week or something. The resort is beautiful but the service has been terrible. On our first day here we had lunch at the grill and our waiter was very unhelpful. I asked for a drink menu and he said they don't have one. He didn't suggest any drinks and just walked away. It wasn't busy at all and our food as very mediocre. This morning at breakfast at Lobster house we waited forever to have our order taken and when our food came it was wrong. It took forever to flag down our waiter to fix the error and he wasn't apologetic at all. Tomorrow is our anniversary and I'm not too hopeful about them making it a special day. I feel like I'm missing out on what everyone on the forum has been raving about.

Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Having an off week at epm

I'm very sorry you aren't having the trip you expected. We also experienced VERY poor service during my stay in January, which does seem to be the exception at this resort.

Talk to your building concierge about your problems, and especially let them know about your anniversary tomorrow. Hopefully they will try to make things right.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,486 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Having an off week at epm

Hi

Sorry to hear all is not going well

I suggest to wander up to the main building and have a word with one of the concierge staff such as Vilma or their Guests Service Manager, Daniela as tell her of your experience so far and that it is your anniversary tomorrow

Let us know how you get on

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Having an off week at epm

I would go speak with Danielle, guest service manager today in the main lobby.Tell her your concerns and about your anniversary.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Having an off week at epm

I also would speak with Danielle, you will see things change in a minute. Don't hold back, say it like it is.... They always tell us, "Don't tell us what you like, tell us what is wrong or needs improvement."

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Having an off week at epm

Thank you guys. I'll try talking to those people today. Hopefully it will help.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,486 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Having an off week at epm

I would go and see them ASAP and get things back the way they should have been from the start

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,573 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Having an off week at epm

Katnap....we also experienced that type of service in the Lobster house a few weeks ago. The waiters were cordial but aloof. I am not an impatient person but the marathon dining experience was really testing our patience. Long wait for sub-par food. Needless to say, we did not return to the restaurant. I'm not one to go flag management down while on vacation. I would just rather solve the problem myself by not returning to the restaurant. There are so many other choices.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 19:40
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Having an off week at epm

Kat - that sucks :( I am in the 'say something' camp - management / guest services are not omnipresent, they are not aware of everything so let them know and see what can be done. Not at EPM, but another resort we had 'off' service, and mentioned it to a manager because he asked how things were - things improved noticeably thereafter, we made no big deal of it or anything but they simply didn't know the things until we told them.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Having an off week at epm

We've stayed at ERC more than EPM but I've never found the waiters at the restaurants particularly familiar with the various drink choices. Usually we figure out the drink options from the bar menus or one at the Martini bar and then ask for those drinks at the rwestaurant.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Having an off week at epm

Still, the waiter could have tried to be more helpful than just walking away.... IMHO.