We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM Building/Room Recs Excellence Club

Levittown...
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
EPM Building/Room Recs Excellence Club

We are planning a trip to Excellence Playa Mujeres for next September for our 10 year anniversary. We are planning on getting an Excellence Club Oceanfront or Excellence Club Swim Up suite. I am hoping for some feedback about which buildings/floors I should request. Looks to me like Bldg 8a or 8b would be ideal, but I am sure that people who have been there can provide a little more insight. Thanks

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM Building/Room Recs Excellence Club

What are your dates?

Levittown...
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM Building/Room Recs Excellence Club

Not set yet. Does it make a difference?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,405 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM Building/Room Recs Excellence Club

Hi

The difference is that for a swim up the pool at #8b is heated and #8a is not

Please note as you will see from the resort map the term oceanfront is a little misleading and the buildings are more ocean view

For an ocean view room rather than a swim up I would recommend #8b with #9 as a back up. The first half of #8a which is closest to the ocean is low rise and does not have any ocean view suites as it comprises of a swim up with a two storey RTT on top. The second half of #8a is high rise but your view is looking across the roof of the Grill & Lobster House

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM Building/Room Recs Excellence Club

phatboys, just asking because we will also be there in Sept 2014 with the same folks we meet there every year at the same time... Makes no difference at all, just saying "welcome".....

Levittown...
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM Building/Room Recs Excellence Club

Wow, Flip I have been reading so many forums and you are everywhere. You are a wealth of knowledge! I was leaning toward 8b myself. We considered the RTT but it is quite a bit more expensive in the Excellence Club level. I was kind of shocked at how variable the "club" cost was from regular ocean view to EC ocean "front" was minimal but RTT increase was a lot!

Matt, we are hoping to be there 9/20-27 if everything goes as planned.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM Building/Room Recs Excellence Club

Phatboys, 8B for sure.. #8365, 8366,8367.... Will not disappoint!!

We will miss you since we go every Labor Day week.... But, you will have the most amazing anniversary celebration!! Enjoy....

7. Re: EPM Building/Room Recs Excellence Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 05:19