We are planning on booking a trip next year and I think I have decided on Excellence Playa Mujeres. I have read a ton of reviews and lots of forum discussions and have answered most of my questions but I want to clarify a few things.
1. What are the pool hours? I know some resorts have specified hours you can be in the pools and others just don't have a lifeguard on duty after a certain time so it is a swim at your own risk type of thing. I want to book a swim out room and would like to be able to take a dip after dinner if I want.
2. Same question for the ocean. Do they kick you out of the ocean at a certain time or can you keep swimming without a life guard on duty?
3. How about the hot tubs? Do they close at certain times? I would like to be able to soak in the jacuzzi and have a couple drinks before bed. I know I can do that in my room but I would also like the option of the other jacuzzis around the resort.
4. I have read that the ocean is pretty sandy for the most part but there are occasional rocks. Is it occasional enough that I don't need to worry about water shoes? I like to be able to just walk in and swim without worrying about hurting my feet.
5. How far out/how deep in the ocean can you walk before you hit big time rocks/reefs?
6. Does the revive bar only serve smoothie type beverages or does it also offer alcoholic beverages?
7. I believe you get hard liquor in your room whether or not you book the Excellence club. The difference is that you get to choose your booze in the Excellence club. Is that correct? If I don't book the Excellence club what booze do I get in my room?
8. Can I bring my own mug and have them fill it at the bar? This makes it more convenient so you don't have to go back as often if you have a large mug. Plus, mine is insulated so my frozen drinks don't melt :)
Thanks so much in advance for any help. I don't get to travel often so when I do I want to make sure I choose the best place for me.