We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Playa Mujeres _ Back home again

UK
Level Contributor
474 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence Playa Mujeres _ Back home again

Had a smooth transfer from our 6 days at the Beloved hotel back home to the Excellence for 8 days. My only regret is not booking longer here ! How quickly a year goes from the last time we were here. An ultra smooth check in as usual. Feels good to meet old friends such as Virginia, Javier, Pedro,Martin etc. Some changes and promotions with Sandra the new Guest service manager and Carolina now from the Excellence club beach to excellence club lounge. Surprised also to see two old faces from the Excellence Riviera Cancun I.e. Alfonso in concierge and Reuben formally the Spice manager at ERC and now manager at Spice EPM. Some familiar return guests also here from same time from last year which is nice. I just love this place and these days will go too quickly. Had a superb meal in Chez Issabelle last night. Just about to try an iceberg that everyone talks about. hasta pronto.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
566 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres _ Back home again

Have a great time.

Was it your first time at Beloved? And how did you find it?

The reason I ask is we are doing 18 days at EPM next year but are thinking about splitting the holiday between the two hotels

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres _ Back home again

Thank you for your posts on The Beloved....we are considering this for one of our trips. A bit concerned about the "family" resort though but it won't be the first time for us. Look forward to your next venture at EPM.

bradjollies.....if we stayed 18 days at EPM, we would need liver transplants when we got home. LOL!!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,012 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres _ Back home again

Have fun at EPM

The last few trips as well as spending some nights elsewhere we have spent 5 nights at TBH followed by 7 at EPM but for our next trip we have increased our time at EPM to 9 nights after 7 nights at TBH

TBH is not for everyone but last year we felt we could have spent more time there with them increasing the dining options

Personally, we would get very bored if we spent 14 - 18 nights at EPM but that is just us

UK
Level Contributor
474 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres _ Back home again

Hi brads jollies & Tingy it was our first time at the Beloved as we wanted to see what was like for a change. It's a great boutique hotel with fine food service and accommodations they are actively looking to innovate their menus as time will tell. It's all down to personal taste though and we truly missed the social aspect and numerous restaurants and friends at the EPM and thus why it will remain our favorite and thus we shall remain loyal customers. I spoke to a Canadian couple today who I met last December who state that no matter where they have tried they can never match what EPM offers and clearly it's a view shared by many on TA. It's all down to personal taste and ours is that the Beloved is one for us where you spend a few days to chill out maybe before or after somewhere like the EPM. If you like the active social scene then the Beloved may not be for you for say a week but that's only our personal view point. Good to meet up with UKJode last night and we are hooking up with a delightful couple from New York tonight at the Agave. Another beautiful day today and met the lovely Eric Cervantes on the beach. There was a Excellence moment today with a classical Spanish style acoustic guitarist David who we met last year. There was a great variety of tapas such as large grilled mussels in their shells, king prawn skewers, etc with a variety of wines and sangria to wash it all down. Had Great meat feast pizzas later on the beach washed down by an iceberg. Wow brain freeze !

UK
Level Contributor
474 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres _ Back home again

Another nice day on the beach today and there was a band little a little further up the beach serving burgers etc .the band was great. Our excellence beach server Fidel was extremely attentive with a constant supply of drinks. We just love Manuel at the excellence club beach concierge , he is always so happy and and very attentive. We remember him from last December when he was training and has been promoted since. Had a great meal in the Agave last night with a lovely couple from New York all washed down with a range of different margaritas strawberry tamarind and mango. Was very humid last night but still.no show on the mozzies. Maybe they are on vacation. Finished the night off propping up the martini bar with UKJode when everyone else had gone to bed. Caught up on old times from the Riviera Cancun days with one of our old time friends Alfonso from concierge. He will be an asset here at EPM. Afternoon ended with light rain around 3pm. Off to the Toscana for the first time since last year. Why do vacations fly by so fast?

New England
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres _ Back home again

Enjoy your time there wish we could be there

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres _ Back home again

Hi Deputy glad to hear you are having a good time. Please pass on my best wishes to UKJode tell we will see her on the 24th. I was wondering if Edgar is still at EPM as I have not heard him mentioned on here for a while.

UK
Level Contributor
474 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres _ Back home again

Hi roj 0626 good to hear from you again hope you are well. Bondy 56_10 will do.I see her most days and I am not sure about Edgar but will ask. Very windy morning today and cloudy. Tried Toscana last night for the first time since our last visit with the couple from New York. We had the lasagne as a starter and steak and scallops all of which were really delicious. The lasagne is one of the best I have ever tasted. Trying the spa again and were so impressed with it on previous visits so looking forward to it. Hasta luego.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres _ Back home again

Have a great holiday, Deputy! Appreciate the updates!

UK
Level Contributor
474 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres _ Back home again

Well today started as a wash out and has remained so all day long! However as always when it rains here for any length of time a well oiled machine kicks in. They very quickly had a coffee station with sandwiches, cakes and pastries and a Mayan coffee station set up in the Martini bar area and management including Virginia, Eric, Willbert(head concierge) Alexander (drinks manager) etc were very much in attendance. I have noted this on many other occasions over the past few years and is good to see. Las Olas normally on the beach set up in the theatre area. Had an amazing lunch in Toscana to celebrate a special occasion . The chef Leonardo and our waiter Javier went the extra mile and many thanks both to them and also to the legend that is Javier Cambranis. This afternoon as part of the same occasion we visited the Mille Spa and experienced a new and amazing spa treatment called Sacred Nature Ritual which lasted about 80 minutes. As you may know from previous visits I am a convert to these spa treatments. In common with last year's treatment it was an amazing experience with all the senses being stimulated. Warm oils were used in conjunction with hot stones to massage all over the body and added to by smells including basil and rosemary. Patricia and Miriam were our therapists. Patricia who we have had for the past three years. Both were amazing. Big thank you also to Niyelli. An incredible experience. Off to Chez Issabelle soon. Still raining by the way !