We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How are the bed sheets

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How are the bed sheets

How are the sheets in the beds?

Also the pillows?

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Scuba & Snorkeling
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How are the bed sheets

When we were there in 2013, linens were poor quality. Pillows are oddly square and small. I believe there is a "pillow menu" but we didn't use it. The beds are super hard. We had to ask for a mattress topper after 2 nights because we both ended up with back pain.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How are the bed sheets

my second and third trips i took my own king sized down pillow with me..LOL... i don't know why they don't have king sized pillows on a king sized bed. Even the pillow menu pillows were not king sized. linens were fine... not high thread count, but they were ok. I slept like a baby once i had a pillow topper on .

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How are the bed sheets

The sheets are white.

Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How are the bed sheets

The sheets were average, but I think they would feel scratchy on a sunburn (then again, everything does!). The pillows felt cheap. We didn't get a pillow menu but maybe that's an EC thing?

And I know everyone complains about the bed but it didn't bother us. We were so relaxed we didn't notice how hard it was after the first night.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How are the bed sheets

The bed, sheets and pillows are more than fine. You will have no problem falling asleep...

Level Contributor
1,096 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How are the bed sheets

We have not had any issues with the bed linens in terms if quality or cleanliness on our 8 trips to excellence.

They are not 500 thread count Egyptian linens but as Mattbeth says they are more than sufficient.

The pillows are however not the best..we usually swop these out from those offered to guests via the pillow menu

Also we always sleep well at EPM and have never required a mattress topper to enable us to sleep soundly

Have a great trip

Edited: 13 January 2014, 22:15
Level Contributor
210 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How are the bed sheets

To get a good night sleep I recommend: 1) mattress topper, 2) lots of sun during day, 3) drink from sunrise to sunset (or later). Sweet dreams!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How are the bed sheets

I guess it depends on what one is used to, and the level of expectations going to a property billed as a 5-star resort. As has been said, we're all different.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,073 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How are the bed sheets

They are certainly not the best we have experienced and they are certainly not the worst

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How are the bed sheets

In contrast to some on here they were actually the worst we have seen in any resort in Mexico. On both trips we found the bed to be the worst part of the room. The beds are hard. Some can say firm but on my 50 something year old bones it was hard. The pillows are very small and packed down. The sheets were of poor quality. It is a real shame that a resort billed as a 5 star can not do a better job. The beds at your standard motel are much better. The resort is no longer on our short list for a return visit and one of the biggest reasons is the poor quality bed.

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor