We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM in March Anyone else?

Ontario
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
EPM in March Anyone else?

Having been to ERC twice, we are very excited to be going to EPM For 9 days March 17th. We are Looking forward to comparing the two resorts. Anyone else there in March? Anyone else been to both? Which is your favourite and why?

Cheers

KW

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Scuba & Snorkeling
Ontario
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM in March Anyone else?

Bump

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM in March Anyone else?

We have been to ERC once and EPM 4 times. We re looking to return for our 5th visit in March or April is the stars align....

ERC was great but we preferred the rooms at EPM as well as having the flavour market restaurant. Also when we were at ERC the didn't have rain showers I hear they do now. ERC was a bit dated although I did enjoy the exterior styling of the resort and the beach is larger (ie wider) also I remember it being clear. EPM beach is nice but does get cloudy and sea grass washes up with any windy / rainy weather.

Both places were great we just found a niche with EPM. I am sure you will enjoy it!

NY
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM in March Anyone else?

We're there the last week of March, 24-29!

Ontario
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM in March Anyone else?

1Wink1, Thanks for your comments. Having been to ERC twice we know what to expect from Excellence resorts. From rewading reviews on TA I am prepared for a different type of beach from ERC. We are definately looking forward to experiencing EPM and all it has to offer. I hope the stars align for you & you make it back to EPM in March or April.

Cheers

KW

Ontario
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM in March Anyone else?

sixtwentyeight. Perhaps our paths will cross at this great resort. We are there March 17 to 27. I hope you enjoy your vacation at EPM.

Cheers

KW

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM in March Anyone else?

Thanks KW things are looking good we just have extra arrangements to make now that we have a little one. We might just see you there.

A great suggestion for a day trip from EPM that we have enjoyed several times is a trip to Isla Mujeres. If your interested let me know and I'd be happy to give some details.

Ontario
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM in March Anyone else?

1wink1 glad to hear that your plans are closer to becoming reality. We are interested in a trip to Isla mujeres. Is the ferry terminal far from EPM? I have read that Ultramar ferry is the one to take. Do you know the cost? Is it best to book on your own or through concierge at EPM? Is it worth renting golf carts once there? Things (restaurants and shops) seem to be concentrated near the ferry terminal rather than dispersed all over the rest of the island. Any insights? Thanks in advance for your assistance. Should you work things out for March we may just see each other.

Cheers

KW

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM in March Anyone else?

KW - yes the stars have aligned!! We booked tonight and will arrive on Mar 21 (only 50 days to go)!

Ok so day trip to Isla Mujeres I will try to do it in points:

-find Can Do Maps online and order one for Isla Mujeres this will be your guidebook of sorts

- arrange for a taxi with the concierge it was about $15 USD when we were there a couple of years ago.

- ultramar ferry is not far (10-15 min by taxi)

-buy round trip tickets (I think 12-15 Usd pp - don't hold me to that but reasonable price)

-when waiting in line for the ferry on the pier there are 2 lines one for locals and one for tourists it's polite to use the correct line

- you can ride inside the AC cabin of the boat or open air on the upper deck which is windy but great on a sunny warm day

- don't get sucked in by anyone on the boat selling "tours" did that once tour was ok but it's better to do it on your own

- get off the boat and explore the island

- I recommend looking at the map and planning a rough route in advance starting with where to rent a golf cart. The map makes some recommendations generally the closer to the ferry the more expensive they are....a bit of a walk can save you some cash. You can rent by the hour, half day or full day ( full day was about $50 usd and you need to leave a drivers licence)

I say USD but I take mostly pesos which I buy at the bank in Canada ( I order ahead and request small denominations for tipping so I don't have to get change) but some places take credit cards, but taxis etc take pesos or USD you just need to have an idea of the rough conversion is used to be 10 or 12 pesos to 1 usd not sure now.

Also check out the Isla Mujeres Forum. Feel free to ask any questions or for particular suggestions.

Ontario
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM in March Anyone else?

-wink1. Glad to hear that the stars aligned and you are booked to visit your "home away from home" in March. Our dates do overlap so perhaps we will see you there.

Thank you for the helpful hints regarding Isla Mujeres excursion. We will be ordering a travel guide and are looking forward to a wonderful day.

Enjoy your stay at EPM as I know we will.

Cheers

KW

Ontario
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM in March Anyone else?

-wink1. Glad to hear that the stars aligned and you are booked to visit your "home away from home" in March. Our dates do overlap so perhaps we will see you there.

Thank you for the helpful hints regarding Isla Mujeres excursion. We will be ordering a travel guide and are looking forward to a wonderful day.

Enjoy your stay at EPM as I know we will.

Cheers

KW