We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Rooms in Playa Mujeres / Cancun

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
205 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Rooms in Playa Mujeres / Cancun

Looking to book an anniversary trip to the Cancun area for my wife and I. Which hotel would you say has the best room? The most "wow" factor. So far it looks like the Excellence Playa Mujeres is hard to beat with the two level rooftop pool room. Wondering if anyone has other recommendations like that?

Can also been Cozumel or other parts of Mexico... help me out travel experts!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Rooms in Playa Mujeres / Cancun

The nicest room we have ever stayed in is the Grand Class suite at Grand Velas. Everything about it was pure luxury, as is the resort overall.

Next would be the Governor's Suite at Le Blanc, the Beachfront Casita Suite at Blue Diamond, the one bedroom infinity pool suite at El Dorado Maroma, the Aqua Suite at Live Aqua.

We have stayed in an Excellence Club RTT at EPM and preferred the rooms/resorts above to that.

Edited: 20 January 2014, 22:55
Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Rooms in Playa Mujeres / Cancun

I think it's a matter of personal opinion. If you like a room with private deck and plunge pool then certainly EPM fits the bill.

Others would prefer something right on the sand overlooking a gorgeous blue beach. The oceanfront rooms at Secrets Maroma or iberostar grand may be best for this.

Others may prefer the large villas that are typically off the beach and have plunge pools and lots of privacy.

jungle rooms and high rises would never make it to the top of my list, but again just personal taste.

Edited: 20 January 2014, 23:00
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Rooms in Playa Mujeres / Cancun

Agree that this is a matter of personal opinion.

The "pool" at EPM in the RTT was a surprise, as it was actually more of a large plastic tub, not an actual pool. And the uncomfortable beds and inexpensive linens did not make for a luxurious experience IMO. For me, it is about more than a deck and plunge pool.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
205 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Rooms in Playa Mujeres / Cancun

thanks all. i should probably mention that we'd love it to also be "all inclusive" - i will check out all your suggestions.

Edited: 20 January 2014, 23:03
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Rooms in Playa Mujeres / Cancun

All of the resorts I mentioned are both AI and adults only.

Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Rooms in Playa Mujeres / Cancun

The rooms at EPM are gorgeous. We have stayed at a roof top at EPM and absolutely loved it.

7. Re: Best Rooms in Playa Mujeres / Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2014, 11:08
Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Rooms in Playa Mujeres / Cancun

As far as favorite rooms go, our favorites have been the Swimup Honeymoon Suite at Secrets Maroma Beach (just steps from the ocean, very warm private pool), and the Grand Class Suite at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit (by Puerto Vallarta).

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Rooms in Playa Mujeres / Cancun

I for one am grateful for reliable, unwavering unbiased opinions from posters like Caviar. I prefer to find out in advance of spending thousands of dollars and ending up disappointed.

Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Rooms in Playa Mujeres / Cancun

We also recently stayed in the Governor's Suite at Le Blanc, and it is a very nice room, also.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres