We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from EPM

Ottawa
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Live from EPM

As someone who has stalked this site since my first trip to EPM and have rarely participated I thought I would share a live from post now that I have arrived last night for my third visit. I love reading when others post so I figured why not give it a try. I also thought that this may be a good outlest as this time I have brought my parents who have never been anywhere and I am gussing there may be a few stories related to that I just might have to share. I first must warn everyone that I am doing this on a tablet I am not familiar with so this may be one big continuous paragraph so I apologize in advance. We flew Westjet and used the transportation provided by them. As in all trips we went straight to Exellence without any other stops arriving within 25 minutes. I will say that this is the first time we had others coming from Ottawa going to the hotel with us. This couple is on their 5th trip here so staying consistent with the theme of a high number of return guests. We arrived around 5:30 and we were hungry so we freshened up and headed to the Mexican restaurant as is tradition for our first night. I am terrible with names so I forget the name of our waiter but he was fabulous. He went to another bar to get my dad some bud light as he is not very open minded to mexican beers. He also brought me spicy salsa when I mentioned I like hot salsa and told me where I can purchase it when I asked him. He also managed to secure me some churros after advising that they had run out. As it was about 6:30 we were practically the only ones there. As it was travel day we did not stay out too late. We enjoyed some music at Cafe kafe and then headed in for the night. Some initial observations from our first night. The resort seems busier than I have ever seen it and there seems to be a large number of groups who seemed to be indulging and having a good time. We will see if there are any impacts during the daylight hours when we head to the beach or the pool. I almost forgot to mention that when we arrived we were given an upgrade to a swimout room for being return guests which was not expected or necessary. I didnt want it at first as I prefer to be on a higher floor however my hubby was thrilled as it is the only room type we have not stayed in. As I am currently sitting on the patio sipping my coffee I think I will in fact enjoy it. Thata it for now....I must go collect my parents soon before they get lost. I will try to post throughout the week and I hope everyone enjoys the updates.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,629 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from EPM

Hi

Thanks for taking time out of your trip to start a live from thread

Keep on having fun

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from EPM

Looking forward to reading your live thread...hope your parents enjoy EPM as much as you do.Have a fantastic holiday.

KCC

Melville, New York...
Level Contributor
177 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from EPM

Looking forward to your live from....enjoy your trip.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from EPM

Have a great trip, we will be there in 27 days! The last time we went, I did a 'live from', was lots of fun. Thanks for taking the time.

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from EPM

Sounds great so far! Enjoy!

If you wouldn't mind making any observations of changes you have noticed since your previous trips (good / bad) I would appreciate it. We are looking to return but its a hefty price tag due to the demand for the hotel now so trying to decide if it will still be as good because its busier and worth the additional cost.

Thanks

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
575 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from EPM

Thanks for taking the time to update us all. I know you will have a fabulous time. Can't wait to hear what your folks think. Have fun!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from EPM

Sounds like a good start. I don't know why, but ordering Bud Light on the first night cracked me up. All those drinks and beers to choose from. That's OK, though. It's his vacation. Hope you guys have a great time.

Bloomsburg...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from EPM

Is the weather warm

Kent, USA
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from EPM

Have a wonderful vacation. Looking forward to reading your live from postings. Thank you.

Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from EPM

Thanks for the live from!!!!!!! I saw it this morning and was soooooo excited!!! Enjoy every second!!!!!