We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Airport Porters

St. Thomas Ontario
Level Contributor
357 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun Airport Porters

We usually make use of a porter to carry our load of luggage that results from our overpacking for vacation. Never having been to Cancun, I have 2 questions:

1) Are there porters there available?

2) Are they tied in with the timeshare sharks I have been reading about or will they just whisk us through that area and out to the tour rep?

Thanks.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,456 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Airport Porters

1. Yes

2. They're not affiliated with the timeshare reps and will walk you right through the "shark tank" to your tour rep.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun Airport Porters

I agree with Lisa. We always make use of them, even if we don't have that many bags. They're great guys and making a living. They'll get you direct to your transportation very quickly.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,203 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun Airport Porters

I have also used them. One of them told me his opinion of timeshare people and it was not flattering. Pretty much agreed with my opinion.

St. Thomas Ontario
Level Contributor
357 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun Airport Porters

That is great, thank you for the info and we will be using one then.

Much appreciated.

5. Re: Cancun Airport Porters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 06:18