We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM Blocks 1 - 5

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
EPM Blocks 1 - 5

Hi all

We are travelling to EPM at the end of May for 2 weeks. I am going to email the hotel to request my room preference BUT.... if I don't get my preference and end up in one of blocks 1 - 5 will I be bitterly disappointed? I have not read any reviews that suggest these blocks and I'm just worried that that's where we will end up!! We are not EC and just have the 'normal pool/spa view room'.

Many thanks. Lou. x

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM Blocks 1 - 5

Hi Louby-lou, we will be there at the same time as you, arriving at the beginning of June.

I personally think that there is too much hype on the forums regarding room allocations. Many suggest block 7 for non excellence, but this block can be quite noisy. We have stayed at many blocks and to be honest I do not think that there is a bad block at the resort. Nothing is far away from where you will want to be. Block 3 is most probably the furthest away from the Martini bar/lobby. With that being said, its only a 2-3 minute walk anyway to get there. Blocks 1-3 will have the sun in the months that you will be staying and they are lovely and quiet.

In a nutshell I would not be concerned at all. You will be holidaying at a most fantastic resort.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM Blocks 1 - 5

Thanks Buttylovers, that puts my mind at ease!

Roll on May!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,617 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM Blocks 1 - 5

Hi

Over the years we have talked with several people who have been in those buildings and they all seemed to be having a great time

The swim ups are very private now with all the foliage growth

NJ
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM Blocks 1 - 5

We have stayed in 7 once and 1 twice. We preferred 1. Nice and quiet.

St. Thomas Ontario
Level Contributor
357 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM Blocks 1 - 5

We requested 7B and were fortunate enough to get get a room in it but while touring around the swim up rooms in 1 - 5 would have made us perfectly happy as well.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM Blocks 1 - 5

These photos from 'frankindiana' are great. You really can not go wrong!

…photobucket.com/albums/q782/FrankIndiana/Si…

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
293 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM Blocks 1 - 5

Hi

We have just returned having stayed in Block 2.

The only disadvantage to this block is that there is no Ocean view.

Honestly I'd take a quiet room over a view any day of the week.

I guess it depends on what's most important to you.

Anthony

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
916 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM Blocks 1 - 5

Can anyone tell me if all the rooms in Block 1 have two beds rather than the one kingsize. I know we were put in a block near the spa on arrival for our first visit which did have and we were then moved to 7B. Don't mind where we are but really don't want 2 beds. I am going to email before we travel in the hope they may be able to accommodate our block choice.

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM Blocks 1 - 5

Hi just got back after a couple weeks in room 1306 and it was fantastic, hope you enjoy.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM Blocks 1 - 5

We had a king bed both times in building 1. Last year we had a corner room on the third floor (the one below the RTT rooms) and could actually see the ocean from there, and it is not considered ocean view!