We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New hotel next to EPM revealed?

Suffolk
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
New hotel next to EPM revealed?

On my Facebook feed this morning I saw that an American Travel Agent has broken the news that the building work next to EPM is for an Excellence Resorts hotel based on the model of EPM BUT with no age restriction.

The new name being Finest Resorts Playa Mujeres with a projected opening date of 12/15/2014.

If this is true does anybody with any more information now wish to comment?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New hotel next to EPM revealed?

Isn't Beloved the same...no age restriction? I'm not sure I understand the concept of yet another resort of the same.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New hotel next to EPM revealed?

I believe that the key phrase is 'based on the model of EPM' whereas The Beloved has more of a boutique feel.

You would have thought that the Excellence Group would have done its homework and sums before launching this new to concept (for them) and can see a gap in the market.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New hotel next to EPM revealed?

At least its a nice place. It could have been an Oasis and all the spring breakers that go along with it....

Ajijic, Mexico
Level Contributor
162 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New hotel next to EPM revealed?

If this is true, it will be very disappointing! The best thing about going to EPM is the fact that it's adults only, and the Beloved Hotel is small enough that you don't have to worry about being bombarded with a lot of loud, overactive children running around. (I have no issue with the children, just with parents not supervising them and leaving them to do whatever they wish, possibly disturbing other guests). I don't see the logic in having an adult-only resort sandwiched directly between two family resorts, all owned by the same company!

5. Re: New hotel next to EPM revealed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 23:36
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New hotel next to EPM revealed?

This stinks. When does groundbreaking begin for Senior Frogs and Planet Hollywood.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New hotel next to EPM revealed?

I think this sounds fantastic! It's about time they start building true luxurious resorts for families. I personally don't count the RIUs, Iberostars, Palladiums to be high end enough to want to take my family there and the ones that I do like are way out of my budget- grand velas anyone?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New hotel next to EPM revealed?

Sassy was right!

76. Re: New resort next door to EPM

Feb 12, 2014, 6:40 PM

sassypantsgirl

5,910 forum posts

I heard that is is an Excellence resort. Time will tell.

Edited: 17 February 2014, 18:17
Ontario
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New hotel next to EPM revealed?

I'm wondering if this is kind of like the model the Karisma Resorts are adopting with their Generations (family) resorts adjacent to the AO's? They have done this at Eldorado Maroma, and recently opened Generations Riviera Maya next to El Dorado Royale and Casitas.If I understand it correctly, the adult guests there would have full access to the AO resorts next door.

I have absolutely NO inside info. This is just a thought.

Will be interested in reading the details as things progress.

UK
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New hotel next to EPM revealed?

@simon_beadle

Thank you for the update

On a personal note- if this is the case- it is one step too far for us and will be the end if our travels to the hotel. The beauty of EPM for us has been its isolation and away from hoards of little people.

I am sure that we not the only one of us "regulars" with this point of view. Feeling a bit sad

Regards

Higrade