We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September

Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
September

Hay guys! It's getting to that time of year when we start planning our holidays! We came to EPM last June & had the BEST time so we are almost certain we will be back this yer, however due to work commitments & life itself we won't be looking to go until September time!

Can anyone tell me weather September is a good time to go? I know it's in Hurricane season at that time & you can not control Mother Nature but, can anyone tell me what the weather would "normally" be like that time of year? Will I still be able to get a tan? Are the pools still warm?! Would we still be able to go into the sea?

Thanks for any help!! X

Boston...
Level Contributor
868 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September

We have been 3 times in September. First 2 years were nice and hot and the weather was good. Last year not so much. Really windy and rained a lot for extended periods of time. No jet skis because of rough waters and the red flag was up for most of the time we were there. We are going to probably switch to May or June for our next trip

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,818 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September

I've been in September/October every year for the past five. Most of the time it's been sunny and hot. Last year, we had about a day and a half that was less than perfect weather as a tropical storm moved through the region. The year before that, we had one full day of rain and about two half days as well as some heavy showers at night. That was, by far, our wettest trip and I still came home sporting a killer tan and didn't feel that the weather had significantly impacted our trip at all.

Denver, co
Level Contributor
648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September

It's a crap shoot. We always go in September, and it's usually just fine. Last year was a major exception. I think we had one full day of sun our entire week. We still had a wonderful time and never lost sight of the fact that we were on vacation!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,818 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September

Ya know, I should probably mention that I go for at least 10 days, usually 14.

This makes a big difference because even if some really nasty weather stalls over the area, the odds of it lasting for my entire vacation are slim to none. I know not everyone has the luxury of being able to stay that long but longer stays lessen the odds that you'll have bad weather the whole time.

Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: September

Thank You for your help so far!!

We are looking too go for 3 weeks, so perhaps even if there was a little rain it wouldn't be the end of the world! X

Tennessee
Level Contributor
119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: September

We are heading there at the end of sept and was thinking the same thing! I heard last year was not very good with all the rain so hoping it'll be great weather this year! Never been to EPM but have been to EPC and it rained for 5 mins then stopped. We booked a RTT and pray it won't be a waste of money if it rains!

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: September

We went this past SEPT. and got lucky…it poured the entire week before and the entire week after we were there. I won't take that chance again unless it is a business trip.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: September

We went to Cozumel 2 years in a row in September & had perfect weather. We went the first week of October last year & it was great weather, if a bit more rainy. We are going to Cancun this September for 10 days. It's HOT, HUMID & PERFECT beach weather that time of year. We all happen to love storms, so the occassional thunderstorm just adds to our trip. Now a hurricane would be a different story. Just buy trip insurance & don't sweat it !! The sun is hot, hot, hot ,so a tan, OR a burn if you don't use enough sunscreen is a given!! The ocean is always warm. Only 196 days for us!! We are really looking forward to giving Cancun another shot. Can't wait!

9. Re: September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres