We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
555 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in May

We are going to be in EPM on May 6 til May 17 could anyone tell me how is the weather then, hopefully its not the rainy season, wondering if I will need jacket at nite. thanks

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May

Even the best forecasts couldn't tell you yet. This is the time of year we always go ourselves. Typically it's sunny to party cloudy with light winds.

Expect highst be 85-90 with lows 70. Rain can show up this time of year and hang around for a couple days. However we go at this time because over the years the weather has been perfect then.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,855 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May

Best to check weather info

My favourite site

http://www.cancunmap.com/weather.html

End of May/June begins the start of the rainy season

You should be fine without a coverup

London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in May

That is the start of the rainy season but generally in Mexico it only rains for a little while in the afternoon.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in May

We regularly go end of May and it can, occasionally get quite chilly at night. Last year we had four days of torrential rain, non stop (not the norm though). I would say always go prepared with some kind of long sleeved cover for evenings. Especially if you intend to dine in one of the outdoor restaurants. Better to have it and not need it, than not have it at all.

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,437 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in May

Our next trip will be in May.

The END of May.

Our last trip was in April.... Weather was just absolute perfection!

I did some research, and I wanted to travel earlier this year, but we were unable to.

Since you are traveling in early May, you should have some very nice weather.

I went on one of the web-sites... I think wunderground (excellent), and compared the history calendar for April and May... It was really very obvious how, by late May, the rains started to increase.

You should have some GREAT weather!

But, like others have said. Can't second guess mother nature.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
764 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in May

We've gone mid-May every year since 2008 and the weather has always been great! If it rains, it's never been more than 20-30 minutes, and even that was rare. I noticed sometimes it seemed to rain late night/early morning, because when I woke up I could tell it had rained some. It's warm and humid. :)

7. Re: Weather in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres