We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building 9 or 9a?

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Building 9 or 9a?

I've been reading about the construction next door to EPM and been wondering whether asking to stay at building 9a was a good idea.

Now, we're going in July, so I guess by then things should be a little less noisy, I'm thinking heavy machinery and the like...

Does anybody know if there's a real difference between 9 and 9a? By looking at the (not extremely useful) map on the resort's site, it seems to me that 9 faces the actual construction, but 9a faces exactly the opposite side. Am I right?

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Building 9 or 9a?

That is correct. Also, 9a is not as tall as 9.

Edited: 16 March 2014, 14:09
America, The...
Level Contributor
7,567 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Building 9 or 9a?

Patty,

Have you seen a tentative construction timetable to suggest things will be less noisy in July or are you simply conjecturing? Thus far, no one seems to have been able to come across one as far as I have read. I imagine it would be very helpful if that information had been shared.

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Building 9 or 9a?

I'm only guessing Reviewer...judging by all the construction sites I've seen before. In general, land movements and heavy machinery never last more than a couple of months, but again, I'm only conjecturing.

I'm planning on calling EPM in a few months to see if they can provide a straight answer (I doubt it, but since Spanish is my first language, I believe I could be a little bit more "persuasive" with the people up there, lol).

Thanks Sun!

Edited: 16 March 2014, 14:20
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,777 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Building 9 or 9a?

Patty

What room type have you booked

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Building 9 or 9a?

EC swim up, Flipflop.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Building 9 or 9a?

Patty, building 9a houses EC RTT rooms and swim out rooms and is only two stories tall. It also houses a honeymoon and imperial suite. Building 9 can look down on some of the RTT rooms. From what has been reported, building 9a is less affected by noise. Some have reported zero disruption around the 9a pool. Of course that is always subject to change. You could be placed in the 9a building if you booked an EC swim up.

Edited: 16 March 2014, 14:49
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,777 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Building 9 or 9a?

The only real issue with the swim ups in #9a is that they are not very private and they use the pool for some of their pool activities

#9a should pick up less noise from the construction as it is side onto the construction site and from what has been said they seem to be building a pool in the area next to where the wedding gazebo is. I am sure they will try and kill any noise by turning the music around the Sol Bar and swim up bar up a notch

Time will tell as it is still very early days

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Building 9 or 9a?

Thanks Nicole and Flipflop. That's exactly what I thought!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,777 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Building 9 or 9a?

Patty

Glad we could help

It appears you have two accounts - see link below on how to ask TA to combine them

help.tripadvisor.co.uk/articles/200615157

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Building 9 or 9a?

Thank you very much!! Will do so!