We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price went up......which do you use?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Price went up......which do you use?

I found a really great deal 5 nights, swim up room, non stop flights in September with Expedia & now it's up the past 2 days. About $200. I've been looking for over a month now & it went down about $100 but now up $200. Is this how it normally is? Which sites have you found the best deals, any promo codes, best day or time? Once I have the best price my TA will match it. Looking to book in about 3 weeks or so.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price went up......which do you use?

I used cheaptickets and got a swim out EC oceanfront room sept. 3 - 10 for $3400.00 for 2. I didn't use any promo codes, but I thought it was very cheap...

Mi
Level Contributor
227 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price went up......which do you use?

I got my best deal from United.com. Airfare was only 220.00 per person but this was back in January. Don't know about now.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price went up......which do you use?

I just tried cheap tickets now. They all are coming back about the same within $20-30. Guess i will keep checking and hope it goes down instead of up.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price went up......which do you use?

From what I've seen in the past, it's usually the airfare that varies and not the resort prices. You can check that by periodically check the excellence website and look at the same type of room and exact same days. You'll get a daily rate if you select details and price for the whole time period.

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price went up......which do you use?

You should give the Excellence Experts a try. excellence.experts.travel

Stoney Creek
Level Contributor
116 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Price went up......which do you use?

Try travelling to Toronto and flying direct from there. Expedia.ca has much lower prices to EPM...Not sure why this is, but it is waaay cheaper from Canada...

Also Toronto is a very nice city to see :)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Price went up......which do you use?

Expedia's prices can change even during the course of a day. Sometimes it is the airfare that changes, sometimes they have promotions or "flash sales". Over the past several years, I found no pattern, no good days or times. If the price looks good and it's the resort and flights we want, I just book it and try not to look again.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,568 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Price went up......which do you use?

Dawn,

Try cheaptickets and use promo code CHEAPIE20 for hotel only. Since you are near JFK and Newark, you'll have multiple flight options that you can add on after. I'd price flights separately. Cheaptickets hotel only with promo code are often remarkably inexpensive for many Yucatan properties.

Edited: 21 March 2014, 01:32
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Price went up......which do you use?

Thanks! I will try that :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Price went up......which do you use?

Has anyone had an experiences with Cheaptickets.com cancellation policies? We originally booked through the hotel website and got a pretty good deal with a 20% spring special discount, but using the Cheapie20 promo code mentioned here, the same reservation we currently have becomes about $500 cheaper.

What would be the difference between booking directly through the hotel and Cheaptickets? They say they have a free cancellation policy (up to a certain date) and we don't plan on cancelling but just wondering what the difference is because $500 savings would be great if there won't be any unforseen issues.

Thanks!