We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mixed reviews on food

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mixed reviews on food

The reviews on food seem so mixed. One review says its the best meal they ever had and than you read, it's bland, rubbery, just not good.

We are only going 5 nights. Which is your top 5 in order. This pizza must be good because even people who don't seem to like the rest of the food like the pizza. Also going for my birthday with another couple. Which would be the best for a fun birthday?

Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mixed reviews on food

My five pics would be.

1. Basmati (ask for oscar.)

2. Agave

3. Toascana

4. Spice

5. Chez Isabele.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mixed reviews on food

Our top three are

Basmati

Spice

Agave

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mixed reviews on food

1. Basmati

2. Agave

3. Chez Isabelle

4. Flavor Market

5. Toscana

I really like the Lobster House too, just because of it's ambience. Outdoor seating with great view of the water / Isla in the distance. Just not a huge fan of the food. It's OK, just nothing great.

Food is always very subjective. I've had really good meals and I've had not so good. I've laughed at reviews saying something like "McDonald's is better". Believe me, there was a review that said that. And it's ludicrous. Mrs. Travelinman went to culinary school and is an awesome cook, and we enjoy the food just fine. Don't worry.

Edited: 23 March 2014, 11:40
Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mixed reviews on food

My top 5 in no particular order are Chez Isabel, Basmati, Spice, Flavour Market, Agave.

For your birthday it would be nice if you could arrange to have your meal at Chez Isabel in the Wine Cellar (separate room in the restaurant closed in by mostly glass) the last time we did this you needed to purchase $100 in wine from the non included wine list.

New York
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mixed reviews on food

My favorite are

(Tied for the top 3 spots) chez isabell, flavor market, agave

4 Lobster house for lunch

5 spice

We haven't been to basmati yet because my husband doesn't like Indian food. He has said he will try it out next visit.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mixed reviews on food

1. Toscana (breakfast only)

2. Flavor Market

3. Basmati

4. Spice

5. Chez Isabelle (I added this to my list because it has the best ambiance but sub-par food IMO. It could be your favorite)

Edited: 23 March 2014, 13:48
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mixed reviews on food

Basmati, Toscana, Spice, Agave, Flavour Market would be my order.

The pizzas are fine, fresh which is good but nothing special IMO - I prefer thin bases, there was a little too much crust for me, and I like cheese and veggies on mine, and there weren't a lot of choices for those toppings.

St. Thomas Ontario
Level Contributor
359 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mixed reviews on food

In order for us was Chez Isabelle, Toscana, Flavor Market, Grill (for the view moreso than the food).

We did not try Basmati or Spice this trip.

Uxbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mixed reviews on food

1. Chez Isabelle

2. Agave

3. The Flavour Market

4. The Grill

5. Toscana (breakfast only)

6. Barcelona

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mixed reviews on food

I have yet to go to EPM (we're going in July), but as you Dawn mention, reviews about food quality are soooo mixed.

I wouldn't worry so much. This is an all inclusive resort and there's no way an AI will have the finest gourmet food. Of course one can demand certain quality for the money spent, but to all those complainers in the tripadvisor reviews.....go elsewhere, this is definitely not the place to be extra picky!