We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sales & tips

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sales & tips

Does Excellence normally run sales each month? Do they change much? I know with Sandals they would always do a count down & make you nervous that you were going to miss out but than there would be another sale that worked out to the same anyway. It seems like I missed a sale with Expedia a few weeks go. It was about $200 less without any coupons & now it's up. They still have the best rate. Anyone have any tips on how to get the best price? I've been checking everyday but only for a month now. Looking to go in September. Want to book within the next few weeks. Thanks!

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sales & tips

It's $254 a night for September on cheaptickets.com as of today with promo code SAVE20.

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sales & tips

I have seen their own website with 35% off if you were willing to travel within specific dates. I have not seen that rate for a while. If you book with them directly you don't pay until just before your trip. Also, if you book a price on their site and you notice the price has gone down, if you contact them they will adjust it accordingly.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sales & tips

Dawn,

I just got an email from cheaptickets with another promo code. Book between 5pm and 9pm tonight CST and use HAPPY25. It will save you 25% instead of the 20% of the other promo code. That should bring the rate down to $241 a night. I'm not sure if you've seen better than that before. I don't follow EPM rates, but that sounds pretty cheap to me.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sales & tips

ReviewerMaryland Thank You! I will check it out! The resort itself is $338 per night.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sales & tips

Direct with the discount on excellence

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sales & tips

Dawn,

You're most welcome. They have all room categories for just slight increases over each category too.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sales & tips

Just tried it. It doesn't apply to packages just hotel only. I knew it was to good to be true :(

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sales & tips

You have so many air options from NY. Why do you need a package? Or was that $338 a night price w air?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sales & tips

Every time I've done a package it worked out better but actually this is better. What's weird is the swim up room came up less. So that's perfect since that's what we want. How do you get the promo codes emailed to you? I can't book for another week or two. Do they normally have these codes? There wasn't a spot from a promo code with the air. Thanks again. You have been a HUGE help :)

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sales & tips

Sorry I was wrong. Basic room is $253, swim up $279