We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Packing?

What are some of the items you are thankful you packed, wished you packed or wished you had left home? (Specifically for EPM)

Starting to round up the random things I think we will need and would love some help!

Thanks!

Denver
Level Contributor
437 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing?

I always pack floaties and solo cups.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing?

Extra sun block, bug spray, cover ups, extra swim suits, less shorts & day time clothes since you are mainly at the pool or beach.

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing?

Two things I wish I had packed this last trip. Towel clips. I am one of those that wakes up at 6 am just naturally and goes down to drink coffee on and walk on the beach. My kids don't wake up until 10:00. So yes I am one of those that reserve chairs with towels and this trip a lot of people had cute towel clips to hold the towlels onto the chair. Also.... I am glad all the resorts don't use plastics cups that we throw away anymore for drinks but I feel like their washing system is not the best. They do it so fast at the bars outside. I like to have my own insulated cup. We forgot ours this time and had to go buy one. A good bubu keg was almost $30

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
345 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing?

Hi Lizzie: pack bug spray or bug wrist bands. I packed a small candle for the room, a citronella candle for the patio. Also pack lots of sunblock and an aloe type off lotion in case you burn. Packs lots of bathing suits and cover ups- pretty much all you wear during the day. Any kind of medications - tummy aides, cold meds, etc. I packed dryer sheets- put them in all the drawers, shelves, etc-/ helped with any mildew smell. Pack all of your plugs, chargers, adapters. I also packed a highlighter to highlight the things on the daily events newspaper that I didn't want to miss. I brought a small night light to help with middle if the night barhroom visits. If you are non-EC, pack a beach bag. The things I packed and did not use: my bubba cups and too many day time clothes ( other than bathing suits)

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing?

SPF lip balm. After sun aloe. I know this sounds silly, but large ziploc bags to put wet stuff (swimsuits) in for the trip home. I also like to take some dryer sheets and put them in our drawers, closets and suitcases, because there is always the beach / tropical musty smell in the clothes. These help a lot.

buena, nj
Level Contributor
176 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Packing?

I pack coffee in a zip lock bag which stays so nicely in the bottom of the suitcase, sweet and low and snacks. Pack a couple t-shirts for in the pool or on the beach since the sun is so hot and you will be out in it for hours. I pack just 2 shorts and 2 tops, two cover ups and one evening outfit, but 3 bathing suits. You will not be eating at the same place twice so it will be a new outfit every night wherever you go. I always feel it's a vacation and you don't have to have a different outfit, day and evening, for every day. Relax. Do take more sunscreen than you will need because you will apply it many times a day. Something for the bathroom to hang your wet bathing suit. I also pack water shoes. Keep it simple because you will be taking a lot of stuff back. Have fun. We will be there in 5 weeks

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
764 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Packing?

I pour some laundry detergent in a travel liquid squeeze container. Comes in handy for rinsing out your swimsuits. And Febreze. Also a small can of air freshner ( I get the Yankee Candle ones that are small). Always bring a small sewing kit (my husband made fun of me.. but who lost a button on his shorts and needed it sewn back on?? lol). A travel bottle of the Downy Wrinkle Release, a small lint brush (we have dogs...that hair travels with you lol) Some pepto, some tums, aloe vera gel, extra pony tail holders, wet wipes or baby wipes.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
764 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Packing?

1travelinman...dryer sheets are a good idea... adding that to my packing list now!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
764 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Packing?

Yea... I always pack too many day time clothes. This year I'm wearing khaki shorts & a tank there, packing a pair of blue jean shorts, 2 tanks, and a tank and the khaki shorts I wore there, to wear home.

Night light is a good idea!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Packing?

Oh - shout wipes too. Those come in handy! I forgot about the detergent too. I took some in a little bottle last year and it came in handy! Small zip lock bags too for your beach bag to maybe keep your tip money and other things dry that you don't want to get wet or sand in (camera / phone).