We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Help! Previously visited EPM & want something new!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Help! Previously visited EPM & want something new!

My fiancé and I are searching for the perfect all-inclusive honeymoon resort. We stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres last year and LOVED everything about it! (Although we plan on returning to EPM) We would like to go somewhere comparable without going back to the same spot for our honeymoon. Please, help!!!

We are looking for a luxury all-inclusive resort with better or adequate food compared to EPM, at relatively the same price point. We loved the modern amenities & the overall modern feel that EPM had to offer. We aren't that adventurous of a couple and relaxation is important to us. However, we do plan doing a couple excisions on this trip, such as snorkeling.

We've looked into & are heavily considering the following resorts; The Beloved Hotel, Blue Diamond, Secrets Silver Sands, Secrets The Vine, & Live Aqua. We are open to any suggestions!

texas
Level Contributor
341 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Help! Previously visited EPM & want something new!

Le' Blanc through a Palace Member.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,243 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Help! Previously visited EPM & want something new!

Hi

First off how many nights are you looking to go for and how important is nightly entertainment

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Help! Previously visited EPM & want something new!

If you are considering the hotel zone, I agree with the poster below that LB is a cut above LA and STV imo. We did book through a Palace VIP member and got great perks and saved a lot of money. We were contacted by many members on TA via PM whenever i asked a question about LB, lol. I am guessing the poster below is a Palace member and that's why she offered the suggestion to book through one right off the bat.

I am not a Palace member. If you end up considering LB, please feel free to PM me and I'd be glad to share more about what it was like to book through a member because I was very leery of the process initially, and how I came to choose the member I did eventually book through (checking references, etc. not just going with the first one who contacted me).

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Help! Previously visited EPM & want something new!

Do you only want to travel to Mexico?

5. Re: Honeymoon Help! Previously visited EPM & want something new!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 11:45
Fort Worth, Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Help! Previously visited EPM & want something new!

We will be staying 6 nights.

Entertainment isn't a deal breaker for us. We did not go to any of the shows during our stay at EPM but we weren't bothered by the pool entertainment either.

Thanks for your help!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Help! Previously visited EPM & want something new!

We are open to other locations but are heavily considering Mexico due to the close proximity. We would like to avoid that 5 AM flight out of TX after our Wedding. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions, we are open!

Thanks for your help!

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Help! Previously visited EPM & want something new!

Have you considered Grand Velas? If that is a budget buster, Royal Hideaway is worth a look.

9. Re: Honeymoon Help! Previously visited EPM & want something new!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 11:45
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,243 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon Help! Previously visited EPM & want something new!

You can mention are resort / property as long as it is linked to the person's question which by the sounds of it it was