We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pile Driving

Level Contributor
73 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Pile Driving

I thought I would give updates about the construction without me hijacking everyone else's threads.

I've been sat here under my palapa trying to think about this from the different points of view. I booked EPM before I knew about the construction and although I would not have been able to get a refund if I cancelled I didn't want to anyway. We can still access all the facilities and enjoy everything the resort has to offer.

If I'm being completely honest yes the pile driving is annoying but when it happens it goes on for a few minutes then seems to stop. It is very intimitent. It has been going on early on a morning. Didn't hear it today till about half 7 when we were eating our breakfast in Toscana but I think if I hadn't been listening for it I probably wouldn't have taken any notice. It was happening through the night it woke my boyfriend up at 2am but I did not hear a thing. I'm sat by the pool now and can't hear anything.

The resort is beautiful, you don't have to see the construction and when there's music playing by the pool etc you don't hear it. Can't compare it to the pirate ship as I haven't heard it yet!

If anyone wants to know anything else I will try be honest and answer any questions.

For those of you who are worrying about it I honk I would change resorts just for peace of mind. You are going to come here and be listening for it and likelyhood is you'll probably hear it. But it is definitely not spoiling my holiday and I won't let it either.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pile Driving

Thanks Clare & Tom, we arrive a week today, booked las June through CW for 12 nights so may see you. We were given the option a couple of weeks ago to swap to ERC at no extra cost but stuck with EPM because I know ERC is cheaper and friends preferred EPM. This will be our third trip. Glad you are not letting it spoil your holiday and hope you have a fab time. I think I am more concerned about them working at night because neither of us a are sound sleepers and wake several times at night. That said, as a result we often manage to sleep in a little later so won't be up until between 8 & 9 so if they start soon after 7 that will disturb us. Oh well, too late to change now, still looking forward to it, here's hoping!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
418 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pile Driving

Thanks for the update, much appreciated

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pile Driving

Pile driving at 2 AM is absolutely ridiculous. That's total BS. I can't believe they would do that with a resort full of guests next door trying to sleep. Since they are both Excellence Group properties, I would hope something is going to be said to stop doing that after a certain time at night.

Northampton...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pile Driving

Can you hear it or feel it noticeably when laying on the beach?

Thanks

Level Contributor
73 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pile Driving

We were only on the beach briefly yesterday, we went for lunch at the taco festival, didn't hear any noise. You can go hours without hearing any noise at all.

The place I've heard it most is on our balcony in block 5. But even then I still fell asleep on the bed out there. Plus it was very windy yesterday so the wind was carrying the noise.

I agree 2am is ridiculous if we hear it again during the night I will go speak to someone.

Still sat here in the sun and haven't heard any noise, apart from a squawking bird and some trollies being wheeled about. Just wondering what time is acceptable to get my first iceberg of the day!

New York
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pile Driving

clarire...you are on vacation at EPM! If you are awake..it is a good time of day for a iceberg!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pile Driving

I have to agree with 1travelinman. I'm not due to go till September so I have no idea what it will be like. I luckily have time and haven't even booked yet. I do feel bad for those for booked before or after. Yes, even after because 98% off return guests have put a lot people at ease with how great the customer service is at excellence. Pile driving at 2:00am NOT good customer service, especially if its within the same company.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pile Driving

On vacation anytime is a good time for a drink :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pile Driving

<Pile driving at 2:00am NOT good customer service, especially if its within the same company>

Agreed, and all responses from the hotel were assuring guests that disruption would be minimal and they would do everything they could to ensure it did not effect guests stays. Just horrific customer service - they clearly don't care because once guests are there/have already booked then they have their money and that is that!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pile Driving

@ Harriet - keep in mind that this is not EPM doing the construction. It's whatever construction company is building the resort next door. This is the first I've heard of them doing it that late at night, so maybe it will be addressed today. I hope so.