We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about TBH bathroom

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Question about TBH bathroom

Hi everyone,

We have a stay booked at TBH for May and we are looking forward to our first time in Cancun. I have read about the lack of privacy of the bathroom in several reviews but never really thought about it. Today I happen to browse the website and have a closer look at the room. I can see the shower from the room. Is there any curtain you can use to "close" the square between the shower and the room ? How can you take a shower if there isn't one ? Can people from outside (for example, on the terrace in front of the room) see you standing in the shower ? I'm not worried but I just want to be prepared. Thanks.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about TBH bathroom

We were on the first floor and we did close the patio curtains when in the shower. I'm not sure if anyone could see in just passing by, but it made me feel better, lol.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about TBH bathroom

I haven't be to TBH but believe the bathroom is similar to the ones at EPM. They steam up pretty quickly, giving you some privacy. If you were going with eg a teen or a platonic friend, they could wait on the balcony / go grab a coffee / soda while you shower?

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about TBH bathroom

You can also drape a towel over the glass screen if some extra privacy is needed.

Lockport, Illinois
Level Contributor
86 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about TBH bathroom

We were in a casita, but I believe the bathrooms are quiet similar to the other rooms. The shower has a clear glass door.

No one will see you from the outside unless it's dark out and you have your lights on and all drapes open. We always pulled the sheers closed when we were getting dressed and ready for the day or dinner, though.

5. Re: Question about TBH bathroom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 05:17