We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM september

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Topic
EPM september

Still so long to go but so excited. Give me your very best tip to ensure a fab holiday please!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM september

We are booked for September too and are so excited!! I've searched the forums for 'don't miss' things and have come up with a great list! Here are some I've i have written down for our first trip there!

Find the ice cream machine

Try out the revive bar

Must try drinks: Iceburg, expresso martini, tamarind margarita, and maya coffee. Plus Travelmans drink list-- don't forget to print that off and place in the suitcase!

Do the morning bike ride

Take a walk to the marina and lighthouse

Try the pizza from the grill

Order a bucket of beers and limes for the room while getting ready for dinner

Head down to the water after dinner with a drink and relax in the chairs

Make sure to look over the daily newsletter placed in your room for activities and restaurants that are closed.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM september

Thanks Danielle B! I'm going September 20-26

Tennessee
Level Contributor
118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM september

No problem, searching the forums has been great! We will just be missing you as we arrive on the 27th!

North Olmsted, Ohio
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM september

22nd - 29th for us...can't wait!

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM september

Thanks Danielle B really good tips,we will be there 12 -26 the when are you ?

Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM september

We arrive the 2nd of September and can not wait! It's out second time to EPM!! X

Louisville
Level Contributor
231 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM september

Danielle put together a great list and here are a couple more....

- visit the spa. Even if you don't want a massage, the hydrotherapy circuit is awesome.

- take at least one trip around the lazy river...very relaxing.

- order room service for breakfast and enjoy your patio/balcony. We love the buffet, but at least once we enjoy the balcony breakfast.

- try the water activities. The kayaks and paddleboards are fun.

- try the dance club...it can be a lot of fun with the right crowd.

- relax....this is going to be a great vacation!

- ask...if something isn't right or you have a request....ask someone. The EPM staff is terrific!

-enjoy...and hopefully meet some new people! We arrive 9/17 for our 4th visit and love everything about this place.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM september

Keep them coming please any room tips? We are non ec and enjoy breakfast on the balcony and evening sun ☀️🍹🍺

Louisville
Level Contributor
231 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM september

We are non-EC as well and always request a room in bldg 7 on 1st floor (not ground level, those are swim-up). We have always faced the lazy river/hammocks with Cafe Kafe just in front. We like to be able to hear the music from our balcony/hot tub, but others might be bothered as the noise level does not die down until 11pm. We like the 1st floor because we can easily walk up/down the stairs and be in the pool. The upper floors on that side might be able to see the ocean...not sure. We get morning sun and evening shade...so opposite what you are looking for...might be best to request room in bldgs across. Look at the map...probably bldgs 1-3.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM september

I've heard the wine bottle opener is In the bathroom on the wall!

Call room service for breakfast the night before and request what time you'll want it there and have them place it I'm your xbox.

Not sure for the rooms as we booked the EC RTT and found information using the search for advice. Flipflop usually gives great advice and has good tips for rooms! Hoping they will be inside doing stuff for the new resort by this time.

If you don't mind eating earlier you'll be able to start at one restaurant for apps then move to another for your main course so you try all the restaurants

If you go left on the beach you can walk for miles, so I hear. You'll pass the new excellence resort then the villas then the new secrets.

Wake up at least once to watch the sunrise. They tell you Iin the newsletter what time it's suppose to rise.

If you wanted to try he hibachi at Spice you have to get there right when it opens to place your name on the list

Enjoy at least one of the nightly shows. We saw Michael Jackson and the fire show in Punta Cana and was good

Bring sunscreen and aloe, along with small things of Advil, tums, bug spray, and eye drops