We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goodallb now at EPM

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Goodallb now at EPM

Hola. Arrived home at around 4.30pm, Reception acknowledged it was our 3rd visit and we have a room in block 7 overlooking the lazy river and facing out to the sea, mattress topper in place and a bottle of champagne and fruit in our room, beautiful. Had a drink a Kafe Kafe bar, enjoyed the Latino band and ate at the Grill. Were given the wrong main courses, awful steaks but the correct ones were fine. Had a quick drink in the Martini bar and bumped into Kathy Coolchick. Didn't sleep too well but that was me, bed was very comfy. Had good breakfast at Toscana and now sat in hot sun at the pool by the Sol bar and near the main pool. Have also met JaneB and her husband already. Just having the Excellence drink of the day and Brian has his iceberg. Everything hear is lovely, staff all smiling, NO construction noise, beach and ocean look beautiful. Will walk along the beach later but just chilling now. We're told hotel is about 95 percent full. Plent of sunbeds around and yes people have out towels out and not appeared yet, we just came straight to get. Couple after breakfast at around 8.30 but may not be so early in future. Not sure where we will eat lunch or dinner yet, decisions, decisions. Barb, see you later and Todd see you Saturday.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
313 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goodallb now at EPM

Sounds like you're enjoying yourself so far. Have a great holiday!

Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Goodallb now at EPM

Have a great time.....jealous!, we're at EPM from 9th June and the days are counting down especially with the UK bank holidays between now and then to ease the wait!....a bit a World Cup footie too while on holiday, great timing!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goodallb now at EPM

Sorry quick update, they are now pile driving but it honestly isn't very loud and we are probably fairly close to it.

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Goodallb now at EPM

Thanks for the updates. Have a great time.

Binfield, United...
Level Contributor
497 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goodallb now at EPM

It must make a difference where you sit as in comparison we are on the beach in the EC area and I'm trying to pick out anything and I can't :)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,780 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goodallb now at EPM

Glad you have arrived and got settled in

Keep the updates coming when you can

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Goodallb now at EPM

EnglandBriAnn, out of interest (and I'm NOT asking how much you paid!) but you stated this is your third visit, so I am curious if you got a break on the price due to the construction, of if what you paid is comparable to your previous trips?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,780 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Goodallb now at EPM

Champagne

I think you will find they booked this trip last summer time when no one knew they were going to build a new property next door

I do know that when we booked last November we had no idea either and the price was around £1.00 a night less expensive than our June trip last year which we were pleasantly pleased about

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Goodallb now at EPM

I didn't know when they booked. I wonder if they lowered the prices once it was known there would be construction going on.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Goodallb now at EPM

Glad you have arrived safely! Hope the weather stays nice for you.