We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daughter's Wedding on May 5th.

USA
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Daughter's Wedding on May 5th.

Hi, Everyone!

I've been monitoring this forum for over a year now and want to thank everyone who has taken the time to post reviews/thoughts/ opinions, etc. on this fabulous resort!

I am thrilled to say that we will arrive the first week of May for our first time at EPM to celebrate my daughter's symbolic wedding. My only concern is that it is a week before my daughter's wedding and I have not heard a word from the wedding coordinator in months. I sent an email three weeks ago and still waiting to hear back. I am reading about the construction at the resort and was never notified if this will impact my daughter's wedding taken place at the gazebo or the reception.

Has anyone there seen any recent weddings taken place at the gazebo? All information will be greatly appreciated.

MOB Carol

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
313 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daughter's Wedding on May 5th.

Carol, I think ImTheMom was recently at a wedding in the gazebo. Not 100% on that though. She did a live from recently which will have more info.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
313 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daughter's Wedding on May 5th.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1229340-i12413-…

Here's the link

Pennsylvainia
Level Contributor
142 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daughter's Wedding on May 5th.

We renewed our wedding vows after 36 years of marriage on the 17 of April. Don't be concerned. As long as they have confirmed the date and time they will get back to you, and also meet with you after you arrive to go over final details . They do a fantastic job and every detail is covered. Our wedding planner Andrea was incredible.

Pennsylvainia
Level Contributor
142 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daughter's Wedding on May 5th.

Also ours was on the beach as the gazebo was closed due to construction.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daughter's Wedding on May 5th.

Have seen a few weddings. Some take place in the gazebo by Kafe Kafe and others on the beach, almost by the beloved hotel, beautiful setting.

USA
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Daughter's Wedding on May 5th.

Thank you both so much for your responses.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Daughter's Wedding on May 5th.

@tweezer, thank you so much for suggesting my info to Carolin.

Hi, Carolin: I live in Chicago now but I'm a Pittsburgh girl, born at AGH, childhood in Carnegie, now my family lives in Oakdale. I hope yinz have a great time at EPM 'n' 'at.

I only want to repeat one thing here from my original post: the wedding reception was outdoors on the patio of the meetings and conferences building just "inches" from the construction site, and noise affected about 30 minutes of the reception. Had it been 100% of the reception it would've been an event ruiner.

So double-triple check the plans for your reception, and be certain that they can move you to an alternate location, indoors or outdoors, if the construction equipment is active at that time.

Oh, and re: the locations mentioned by Tweezer and Trease: my friend's wedding was not in the permanent gazebo, it was under a lovely temporary gazebo on the south (TBH) end of the beach, and I agree it was a beautiful location.

USA
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Daughter's Wedding on May 5th.

ImtheMom,

What a small, small world! I'm from Imperial!!! I may know your relatives! ha ha. Did you grow up in Oakdale? Did you go to West A?

Thank You for all the info that you provided .My daughter has her heart set on the gazebo as the wedding site.. She has all of her decorations picked out, etc. Not one word from anyone at the EMP if there will be a change of location for her ceremony. This is really disheartening. They need to have a better communication system.

Do you have any more advice/suggestions? Anything is appreciated.

Carol

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Daughter's Wedding on May 5th.

Carol

Have you tried calling them to get some answers that way?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Daughter's Wedding on May 5th.

Carol:

I went to Bishop Canevin, but my brothers and many other relatives went to WA. I'll send you a TripAdvisor private message with more information.

Go to Excellence Playa Mujeres website, and look at the resort map. Location #41 is the "wedding gazebo". To me, it looks smack dab in the construction zone, and might be officially closed as a previous poster said. I did not go to that location when I was there, so I don't know.

If we exchange personal emails via the PM, then I can send you some photos of the temp gazebo on the beach.

I'll send my PM right after this.