We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we focus on the subject matter? Construction Noise @ EPM

Ontario, California
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can we focus on the subject matter? Construction Noise @ EPM

To those of you who've been recently and have had real-time experience with or without the "sounds of silence", can you let us know just how loud; how frequent the levels of noise is? Also for those of you now aware of the situation, will it or has it given you pause for reflection -- to stay or change resorts?

texas
Level Contributor
341 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we focus on the subject matter? Construction Noise @ EPM

Another one?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we focus on the subject matter? Construction Noise @ EPM

I think it's important to have this thread open and remain open.

We are booked for September and have not heard nearly enough to make us even consider cancelling. We can cancel at any time.

It would probably help if people who either haven't been recently or do not plan on going ever again leave this thread to the people that are genuinely concerned.

Ontario, California
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we focus on the subject matter? Construction Noise @ EPM

Yes, I thought I'd give it one more kick at the can.

We're return guests; we're going again in October, and to be perfectly honest with myself, there's a sliver of doubt beginning to appear. And because I want to gather as many comments and points-of-view as I can between now and end-September, I thought others may want to as well. But if this thread takes on another life, then I'll give it up.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can we focus on the subject matter? Construction Noise @ EPM

I'm going in September. Actually, the info that concerns me most is from the guy staying at the Beloved next door. He seems somewhat knowledgeable about the construction industry and said he walked by and it looks like barely anything is done. No above ground building yet at all. That tells me that it will be in full swing later than I was hoping and when I am there, it will be in full swing...

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can we focus on the subject matter? Construction Noise @ EPM

We are planing on booking for September. I have been watching online for prices and reading here on trip advisor and Excellence Face Book page. I wasn't very worried at first since I would think pile driving (the worst of it) will be done by September. Over the past week or so I did get a little concerned just because a few weeks ago no one was really complaining and now it's seems to be more of an issue. Just like Harriet I have a budget and have my mind set on EPM. I was also looking into ERC however, it seems like we will have the same issue since it is low season and they maybe doing updates, ect. It's sad because last week was a great price and now it's up over $300, somedays $400! Once the price drops again, I will be booking & just hoping for the best. I feel bad for those in building 9. It doesn't seem like they have gotten much work done & now they are working 24/6....seems like they are not working on Sunday.

I can see why they closed the last thread. People are getting out of line. I'm sure we wouldn't being speaking to each other face to face like this.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can we focus on the subject matter? Construction Noise @ EPM

Dawn - not sure of your exact dates but I am still seeing the same prices for our week in September. With the Cheaptickets promo it's still at $252\nt for standard room.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,200 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can we focus on the subject matter? Construction Noise @ EPM

We will be there Aug. 30th until Sept. 9th... With or without "construction noise"... Not even a minor concern...

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
418 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can we focus on the subject matter? Construction Noise @ EPM

We are staying in an EC room, ideally not in building 9, in May and at this point I would say I am 'interested in' rather than 'concerned by' the reports I have read about construction. That has been my view since the topic started being discussed and it could of course change at any time :) Based on prior experience at hotels and where I live, I would be me concerned by remodelling or maintenance work at the hotel rather than construction work at an adjacent property.

Happy travels to all. We will be happy to give our opinions of the situation on site starting from the 18th,but have no current plans to spend any significant time posting here. Again, that could change :)

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can we focus on the subject matter? Construction Noise @ EPM

Mattbeth, we will be there at the same time... I think its going to be fun... See ya at the bar....

Edited: 28 April 2014, 14:28
Ontario, California
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can we focus on the subject matter? Construction Noise @ EPM

In a recent telephone conversation with a Reservations rep in Mexico, I asked about the construction and was told that Building 9 is or will be completely closed "soon". Is anyone there now who has seen evidence of it either being partially operational, or has it been closed completely?