We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building 9 still EC?

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
345 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Building 9 still EC?

Does anyone know if building 9 is still EC with all the construction going on? I know they have converted 7B to EC to try to compensate for the construction noise.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Building 9 still EC?

Not sure I get your point, why it should be converted to non EC rather than just closed. Don't think anyone should have to put up with noise if it's that bad by 9' EC or non EC. I understood they had plans to close the block by the construction but reports are people are still in those rooms as they were when we stayed recently.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Building 9 still EC?

EnglandBriAnn I was concerned they may switch 9 to non EC rather than EC (not that anyone should have to put up with it).

But I spoke to my TA who said there is no way that would happen - so if it does I would actually hit the roof. Although we didn't think EC would be worth it for us anyway, we would have 100% switched if there had been any chance of us ending up in 9!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Building 9 still EC?

With all due respect, I doubt your TA can make such a statement with any authority. It would be incredibly simple to make 9 a non EC building, and no one can predict what Excellence will decide to do - they may weigh up the problems they are having with guests in that block and determine that they are better off to put non EC in there, especially with 7bs pool area now clubified. I wouldn't place bets either way on what they may or may not do with room allocation in the coming months.

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
345 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Building 9 still EC?

Emmaedwards69, I agree with you. IF they keep the building open, I can't see offering it to people who have paid the additional EC fees. I also agree with EnglandBriAnne, and don't think it would be fair for either EC or non-EC, but what if they are 100% booked and do not have the option to close all or part of the building?

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Building 9 still EC?

I get your points. Just don't understand why they've accepted bookings to capacity but maybe they didn't know the extent if the construction, although I doubt it. Guess although they offer great service, profit in any business comes first. Anyway I still love the place and wouldn't be put off, the noise wasn't very often while we we there and I am sure they try and keep it to a minimum.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Building 9 still EC?

I agree EmmaeEdwards, but if I did get landed in 9 after specifically being told I wouldn't then at least I have more comeback. Had I been told there was even the remotest possibility of being in 9 I would have switched to ERC.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,777 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Building 9 still EC?

Personally, as I have said several times before I think they should close #9 if they know there is going to be an impact from the construction work next door - especially, nighttime working

The problem with using #7b as an EC buildings seems to be that many EC guests do not like the location

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Building 9 still EC?

Out of interest, as 7B WAS a non EC building, does it have an ocean view? I can see why EC guests who booked a room with an ocean view would not be happy to be put in 7B if it does not have an ocean view.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,777 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Building 9 still EC?

Harriet

As you will see from the resort map the majority of the upper floor rooms in #7b do have a ocean view and was a very popular and much requested building by Non-EC guests

excellence-resorts.com/caribbean-and-mexico-…

Like #8b it does have the scrub land between EPM & TBH to the right hand side but the view is from a further back position

Personally, I think it is a nicer view than #7a which is / was another EC building

Obviously, the swim up rooms do not see very much of the ocean at all

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Building 9 still EC?

I don't know when the decision was made on Finest, but people make bookings a year or so in advance - our trip was in the books long before anyone heard about any construction. It may be that by the time it was decided, they were already booked beyond what the buildings 1-8 could hold.

As for comeback if put in building 9 - you might be able to fight the issue for compensation with your TA when you get back, if you had it in writing you wouldn't be in 9, but that's cold comfort if you have a miserable holiday because of it. Excellence are still saying building requests are not guaranteed, so it would be foolish of your TA to make claims otherwise.