We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM Bali Beds

Carrollton, Georgia
8 posts
Save Topic
EPM Bali Beds

My fiancé and myself will be heading to Cancun to stay at EPM for our honeymoon the first week in June and we're trying to figure out if the Bali beds on the beach are for EC guest only or for everyone? We're non-EC and I know that EC guest have a certain part of the beach reserved with those beds. Just trying to figure this out. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,329 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM Bali Beds

Hi

Unfortunately the four poster bali beds are only on the EC Beach

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM Bali Beds

I believe all of the covered (shaded) Bali beds are on the EC beach. There are some others around the resort / lazy river that are for all guests.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
110 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM Bali Beds

I think there are only a few in the X lounge that are open to all. I assume they get taken quickly.

4. Re: EPM Bali Beds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 21:13
Carrollton, Georgia
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM Bali Beds

That's what I figured. What about the uncovered ones like this one in the far left of the picture? Is this the EC area?

…oyster.com/photos/beach--v1552909-49-720.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,329 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM Bali Beds

Yes the left of that photo is the EC Beach

As has been said though Non-EC Guests do have a wide range of different lounger / bed types around the pool areas and there are some "double" beds on the X Lounge platform but they do not have much, if any, shade

Edited: 14 May 2014, 23:11
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM Bali Beds

We were non EC last year, and the non EC beach was lovely - plenty of palapas and loungers, lots of space between and great beach service. Unless you are married to the idea of a bed, no need to go EC based on the beach alone.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM Bali Beds

Totally agree Emmaedwards, goodness only knows what is horrible about white sand, palm trees, shallow ocean so easy to paddle, plenty of sunbeds with palpalas and regular drinks service.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM Bali Beds

The non-ec section looks utterly horrible? Isn't it the same beach, minus the ropes and some of the nicer beds?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM Bali Beds

Same beach, sea, sand and sun. Like you said Vrokko just a different sun lounger

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres
Recent Conversations