We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrade on arrival?

Whitmore Lake...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Upgrade on arrival?

Does anyone know if they EVER do complimentary upgrades upon arrival?

We are first time visitors celebrating 2 anniversaries and my husband birthday.

We have regular swim up suite booked. Do they ever upgrade to excellance club at no cost? Or a reduced cost?

Thanks!

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrade on arrival?

It does happen but it would depend on availability - not so much the reduced cost. They will say the price is what it is. Take copies of your marriage certificates just in case.

Boston...
Level Contributor
821 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrade on arrival?

It does occasionally happen but I would say a majority of people are celebrating a wedding, anniversary, birthday etc and/or are returning guests and they obviously can't upgrade everybody so I would book a room you are going to be happy with

Edited: 15 May 2014, 20:05
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,631 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upgrade on arrival?

Here's what I suggest to everyone when it comes to upgrades, no matter what hotel/resort, anywhere in the world.

If an upgraded room is essential to your vacation enjoyment, then book and pay for what you want up front.

If an upgraded room would be nice but is NOT essential, then book the cheapest room that you'll be happy with and ask about upgrades and prices when you get there - typically, you can negotiate a better upgrade price when you're there but that's not always the case. Remember, upgrades are subject to availability, so it's could be that when you get to your hotel/resort, an upgrade simply isn't available at any price. And if you're really lucky, maybe you'll get upgraded for free!

Edited: 15 May 2014, 21:00
Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upgrade on arrival?

I have had complimentary upgrades from lagoon view to ocean view two of my last three trips. I found it to be quite nice....

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upgrade on arrival?

I've always had upgrades with Sandals, however we were returning guests & always emailed them first. Good luck. It's always worth trying :)

6. Re: Upgrade on arrival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 17:34
7. Re: Upgrade on arrival?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 17:35
8. Re: Upgrade on arrival?

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 17:35
Saint Louis Missouri
Level Contributor
266 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upgrade on arrival?

Hi.....welcome to Trip Advisor! I agree....I would recommend always booking the room you want upfront while booking your vacation. ...never expected a resort will upgrade you for free...and even with a charge it might be higher then through tour travel agent. ..and no availability. ..

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Upgrade on arrival?

Hi

As has been said EPM normally operates at a very high occupancy rate so they have limited scope for upgrades. That apart they have so many repeat customers, wedding parties, honeymooners and people celebrating anniversaries