We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction update

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Construction update

We finally heard pile driving and jack hammering yesterday. We've been here since Saturday and this was really the first time it's been a part of our day. It only lasted 5 - 10 minutes at a time and was totally bearable. Are we packing our suitcases to go home or complaining to management? Absolutely not! This is still paradise.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction update

Thanks you for the update and let us hope that this thread can stay on topic

Dillsburg...
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction update

Can you snap a few pictures of the construction site during the day and post them? Just curious to see how it's looking

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
510 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction update

Yes, let's hope it stays on topic because there are many of us who want to know what the progress is and how it may affect our stay!!! From everything I have read, it is only a real problem for Bldg 9 occupants, but that may change. We don't return until August and have booked an EC RTT so there is a real possibility that we may be affected by construction activities if placed in Bldg. 9.

If you are not there now, please don't post with your "experiences" as it will not help with the current situation. For those of us who will be visiting soon, it is important to obtain the most current information.

Oxford, Michigan
Level Contributor
221 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction update

The view yesterday gave us a firsthand look at the work...OMG; it look like an ant farm with everyone hard at work. I will post our view from the 3rd floor.

Oxford, Michigan
Level Contributor
221 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction update

Here is the view from #9357 on Thursday.

http://1drv.ms/1n3OHRl

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction update

I am here now, at the midpoint of our 14 night stay.

During the past 7 days only yesterday was the noise a minor issue

We are in building 8A with a direct line of sight to building 9 and the wind was strong, coming from the direction of the construction.

It was not audible from inside our room, only from the balcony and in the outdoor public areas. The noise was intermittent, I would estimate 98% of the time no noise could be heard.

Do I wish there was zero noise, yes of course! Has the noise detracted in any way from our enjoyment, absolutely not.

I sense the common feeling on the forum is that as long as you are not placed in building 9 all will be well and I have to agree with this.

If you do get put in building 9, express your unhappiness (in an adult, non confrontational manner - I have been staggered at a small number of guests who appear not to have any human relations/influencing skills ie being a nice person, one that management will want to bend over backwards to solve a problem), it appears the managent will move affected customers as soon as possible and see that they are well looked after.

I took out a paddle board yesterday and had a look at the site from the ocean, the buildings are starting to take shape at a low level, one quite close to EPM, there then seems to be a gap and then another building. I did take a photo but do not have an online photo sharing account

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction update

I can see why being in the 9 block would make people unhappy.....

Thanks for the pic kdsoup.....

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Construction update

Thanks for posting the photo!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Construction update

kdsoup

Thanks for the great photo

WOW that is going up fast as someone sent me a photo about a weeks ago and a lot has changed

Dillsburg...
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Construction update

Thanks for the photo!!