We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epm vs Erc

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
205 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Epm vs Erc

major differences between the two? we want to go back but ERC is much more affordable and I'm not sure we can afford another $4k vacation

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Epm vs Erc

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1229340-i12413-k7…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1229340-i12413-k7…

This is a link to a recent forum threads on the same topic.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epm vs Erc

Hi

I have sent you a PM with some information

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Epm vs Erc

I thought you were complaining about the food and wines at EPM being poor.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Epm vs Erc

@ Keith

"I thought you were complaining about the food and wines at EPM being poor" I do believe he was unhappy with the food. I don't recall any mention of the wine. Perhaps he would like to consider ERC as it does price better than EPM and wants to know if the quality is better there?

Edited: 16 May 2014, 20:58
Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Epm vs Erc

@Nicole

Post 7 of their thread titled Now that we have done EPM:

" Also, my wife and I like to drink wine but we're in no way wine aficionados. I mean we drink cheap "Cupcake" brand wines! But we found the wines at EPM undrinkable. Just a foul taste. We were bummed about that."

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Epm vs Erc

Ok. And what exactly is your point in digging up the quote and calling him out on his prior criticism of EPM and it's food and wine?

Fairless Hills...
Level Contributor
753 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Epm vs Erc

I was having the same problem when planning my first excellence trip for this summer. All of the forums say great things about both but we went with ERC cause of the price...huge price difference! I'm sure you'll be happy with either decision. I can't wait for ERC!

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Epm vs Erc

I didn't have to 'dig' up the post as it is still active at the top of page 2. My point was that I would not think there would be major differences with the food and a good chance they source all their wines from the same supplier. From the question it seems he is considering EPM again even with the issues he had.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Epm vs Erc

Well then, good for him! Glad he could consider that perhaps his expectations were too high and he needs to level them a bit if he is going to pursue another all-inclusive vacation again. I am sure Excellence will welcome him back and be honored to be given the opportunity to make his next stay better than his first. Or do you think that he should just give up on Excellence and move on to another resort?

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Epm vs Erc

KaitMroz

I agree that the pricing for ERC is very enticing! I think about the spa treatments that I could have with the savings in price between ERC and EPM. But I think I might miss my daybed on the balcony too much. I will have to try it and see how it goes.