We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner on the beach

Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner on the beach

Hey guys.. We had dinner on the beach last night so for anyone considering it here is my view...

The ambience is really romantic and nice, they have a saxophone player.. Not to my taste but he's good :)

We both chose the menu rainbow (there are 4 options). The waiters were really good .. They gave you space but yet were still attentive by watching from a distance when you want your champagne topped up! They have a bottle at the table waiting.

The food - honestly.. It's average.. Compared to most of the restaurants it's pretty poor.. It's 4 courses.. Ours was a cold shrimp starter .. Pretty tasteless and chewy.. Then a cream of carrot soup.. Very very very sweet.. So not for me as a hot appetiser and it can't luke warm..

The main was beef medallion with shrimp again and mash potato + veg. Shrimp was cold with the hot steak and again pretty tasteless.. Steak was good as was the mash and veg.

The chocolate cake dessert is a very basic chocolate sponge .. Not terrible but just.. Bland.

We got it free as a sorry and I think you get it free as a honeymoon thing... But otherwise you pay $200 for the experience and I would say.. If id paid that I wouldn't be too pleased lol.

There is also a photographer.. We get to see the photos today.. Not sure of cost yet! If anyone else knows let me know :)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,613 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner on the beach

Where on the beach did you have it?

Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner on the beach

It's right in front of Los olas FFM. This is obviously just my opinion .. I think if it's free do it.. But I certainly wouldn't pay 200 dollars for that. :)

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner on the beach

Yeah, they've definitely overpriced that one. I mean, it's got to be the same food you get in the restaurant. $200 for the ambience is silly money.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner on the beach

Mickledonions.......I really appreciate your honesty about the details of your trip. It's refreshing and nobody is set up for false hope or disappointment. (which I have seen too much lately) Thank you for that. I can't think of any food at EPM that would be worth the $200.00. The ambiance does sound delightful.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,613 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner on the beach

Personally, I think dinner in the wine cellar in Chez Isabelle is better value but many people like to dine under the stars

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner on the beach

Agreed. Way too much money for a little ambience. I get the beach all day anyway, and much prefer a more romantic setting in Chez or something like that. I'd take the wine cellar over the beach any day.

Thanks for the honest feedback...

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner on the beach

I think you can get 1 free photo done during your stay

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner on the beach

Wow! Thanks so much for your honest feedback b/c I've been considering booking it for my 40th birthday while we are there. This seals it for me...going to stick with chez or another one of the restaurants.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner on the beach

@ Meredith - You should reserve the wine cellar at Chez for your 40th. Would be a cool, romantic place to do it!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner on the beach

It does sound really special, travelinman, so it's a possibility! And no Mosquitos!