We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clarification on bottles in EC rooms at EPM

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Clarification on bottles in EC rooms at EPM

I've read bits and pieces about changes in the number of bottles provided and changes with the "swap out for a specific type/brand" policies regarding those bottles of alcohol in Excellence Club-level rooms and I was hoping someone who knows the resort super well or who has just stayed in an EC room (or both!) could help clarify, please... Specifically, I'm curious about how many bottles currently come in an Excellence Club-level room to start, as well as what the policy is for exchanging or pre-requesting specific types/brands. Also, I'm curious if they will replace bottles finished during lengthy stays and if you'll get the same brand that's been finished or if you'll have the option to select something else. Thanks, in advance, for any input!

Edina, Minnesota
Level Contributor
293 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Clarification on bottles in EC rooms at EPM

Same happened to me.. I asked for don Julio and absustle to replace the 1800 and svedka and I had to give up the rest which I wouldn't have touched so no big deal but still a little disappointing after reading about the few ec perks while booking

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Clarification on bottles in EC rooms at EPM

It's cheap and inconsistent. Iersonally don't know why they bother with all this confusion.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Clarification on bottles in EC rooms at EPM

For such a high class brand, known for it's attention to comfort and pampering of guests, this policy is cheap and petty. I mean really, if you have a bottle in stock that someone wants, give it to them. Whats the big deal? I just don't see the company saving mega bucks by doing this. Maybe people were asking to switch bottles out to all top of the line liquor and then just taking the bottles home with them? That I could see happening...

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Clarification on bottles in EC rooms at EPM

Is there a similar policy for non ec rooms or is being able to swap in room liquor purely an ec perk?

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Clarification on bottles in EC rooms at EPM

No this is only EC.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Clarification on bottles in EC rooms at EPM

They should post the system with the list on their website, there would be fewer surprises on site.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Clarification on bottles in EC rooms at EPM

That's why I mentioned 'consistency' in what could be improved at EPM... it's really strange and confusing. I've mentioned before that last month after we had drank our bottle of red wine, I asked for another one. Didn't get one. Went to EC lounge and asked like twice a day for 3 days... still nothing. Finally saw Carolina Paz and the bar manager Alexander and told him and then later that day there were 2 different bottles of red wine waiting in our room. Took 4 days. Mind you this is after talking to each of 3 or 4 different concierge in the EC lounge and being promised it would be there that day. Was explained that if you wanted red wine replenished, the 'new policy' was that you'd have to give up bottles of booze. I was dumbfounded. I wasn't explained this when we arrived nor after the 3-4 days while we were wondering why we couldn't get a bottle of red wine brought to our room. A better job of explaining and more consistency would go a long way.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
170 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Clarification on bottles in EC rooms at EPM

I wonder if this is a not too well thought out, too quick reaction to a problem. Evidently it was put in place too quickly to adequately train the staff in the new procedure. It seems a very severe change to the former method that they employed. Makes me wonder what the problem was that they are trying to fix. Maybe they will got to the dispenser method in place at other places.

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Clarification on bottles in EC rooms at EPM

I emailed in advance and asked what the EC drinks were and this is the list I received:

RED WINE 750 ml

1 Vodka - Svedka 750 ml

Tequila - Herradura Reposado1800 700 ml

Gin - Tanqueray 750 ml

Rum Flor de Caña 12 years Centenario750ml

Corona beer

Budweiser

Bud Light

There is also half a bottle of white wine in the fridge which has been replaced each time it has been used.

I also asked about the possibility of getting a brandy and a whiskey and received this response:

You can choose between those, I have to advise that with choosing two of those the rest will be taken from your room,

Brandy Torres X

Cognac Camus VS

Cognac Courvoisier VS

Whisky Jack Daniels 1 L

Whisky Southerm Comfort 1 L

Whisky Crown Royal 1 L

Whisky Dewars 12 años 750 ml

In the end we just left it as it is. We haven't yet finished a bottle of red wine so I don't know if it will be replaced or not

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Clarification on bottles in EC rooms at EPM

I much prefer Bombay Sapphire over Tanqueray, and the price difference is only about a dollar. There shouldn't be too much of a problem getting Bombay instead (assuming they still carry it).

Regarding going with dispensers rather than bottles, I think it would be a good idea because our bottle of Don Julio tequila was not sealed, which made me feel a bit uneasy.

Edited: 31 May 2014, 19:42