We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Mexico statiy @ Excellence

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
85 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Mexico statiy @ Excellence

Hi Everyone. I wonder could someone give me some advice. We are going to Mexico for the first time on our honeymoon for 10 nights at the start of July. When booking our holiday the travel agent said the weather would be great but I am really worried now that it is going to be really wet! That is that last thing we would want. Have any of you been away during this time? Thanks.

Federal Way...
Level Contributor
355 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Mexico statiy @ Excellence

The weather will be the weather. Not much you can do about it, so my thought is not really worry too out too much time and energy into something out of my control.

I would think at the time you're scheduled to go the chance of rain would be minimal.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
61,400 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Mexico statiy @ Excellence

As has already been said in other weather related threads it is always a risk booking to go during then wet / hurricane season and no travel agent can say otherwise

It does rain in Mexico and on some of out trips we have had back to back wet / days but still had a great time overall

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Mexico statiy @ Excellence

I wouldn't worry about it! We just got back on Sunday and our whole week was forecasted as thunderstorms. We had about 20 min of heavy rain late one night and another 20 minute storm on Friday and then it was gone.. no big deal! The rest of the time was blue skies/white clouds. Be forewarned though, it's seriously hot and humid! It's fine by the water because you have a breeze, but expect to sweat!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
85 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Mexico statiy @ Excellence

Thanks so much guys, that really helps. I know I shouldnt dwell too much on the weather but it is the main reason we go on holiday. I would be happy with the odd bit of rain here and there, but as long as it was very unusual to get 10 full days on the trot of rain I will be very happy.

Have you any other tips? I would love to go swimming with dolphins when I'm there. Oh Jennifer the thought of 'seriously hot and humid' sounds perfect :) Would we need to bring bug plugs? What sort of sockets do they have in Mexico? Lol.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Mexico statiy @ Excellence

Re dolphins - I find captive dolphins cruel and sad, as well as unhygienic for the people. Why not look into swimming with whale sharks in the wild? Far more humane.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Mexico statiy @ Excellence

Traveling to a tropical climate, the forecast usually calls for rain daily in some form. This tends to freak people out. I suggest looking at the % chance instead of just looking at the words. Anything less than a 50% chance in my experience, I have been to the Cancun area over 20 times, means little chance of rain. Of course that's not always the case, just what I have experienced......

7. Re: First time to Mexico statiy @ Excellence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 06:16