We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets first review

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets first review

I see that the new, unopened, resort has had it's first review????

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g1229340-d…

Edited: 10 June 2014, 22:04
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Secrets first review

They even rated the sleeping quality and the service, etc

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Secrets first review

There was panic mode when AMResorts opened its first Breathless Resort in Punta Cana last November. Many bad reviews and posts on their facebook and twitter page as well as cancellations. But, by the time I arrived on January 10th, they had hit their stride and we had a great trip.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
662 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Secrets first review

Some people are just plain weird!

I'm looking forward to posting my review (we go one week after opening) and I will be critiquing KNOWING there will be growing pains and hiccups throughout our stay. I always think pictures tell a better story so i will be taking lots of pictures :)

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Secrets first review

Looking forward to that OhioUKgirl. Will be avidly checking out TA from the opening as we go in April. Guess the review is someone's idea of a bit of fun! Unless they are just plain crazy.

Florida
Level Contributor
784 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Secrets first review

I thought that review was funny. My husband and I went to STV 17 days after it opened and it was fantastic. We went thinking there would be some problems but we never encountered any. Unless you call only one chair on the balcony a problem and the preferred club was not set up completely. But the food was really good, so much so I could not believe it had just opened. The service was excellent and we had a great vacation. Since it is more of a hotel than a sprawling resort this may have contributed to how they pulled this off so quickly. But if SPM is any comparison to what we experienced at The Vine, I know it will be great. I think the problem in other countries is the labor pool. Mexico has been in the A1 business for a long time and a resort may have more opportunities to hire experienced people. From construction to restaurant personnel and every where in between there are probably more experienced candidates for jobs. When we spoke to the employees at The Vine most had either worked for other Secrets resorts or major resorts in Cancun and Playa. I wanted to go to Breathless this year but after reading the reviews I just could not do it, the same with Secrets in Jamaica. That got the worst reviews I have ever read when it first opened, mostly construction issues and they weren't fixed for quite awhile. But in Mexico all of the new Secret's Resorts are getting great reviews. I am booked for next August and recommended to others to book while it is such a great deal. Can't wait to see pictures and read all about SPM.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,937 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Secrets first review

Nicole,

I'm looking forward to following your Live From when you head to SPM. Your one from Breathless was amazing! I know you helped hundreds (thousands?) of travelers who were heading there or thinking of doing so.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Secrets first review

Thanks! Yes, I have had almost 3000 views of my Breathless album on slickpic and did answer many PM's on Tripadvisor as well as Facebook. Being brand new with limited information out there really motivated me to compile the album and spend the tine to answer questions and email menus, maps, etc. to people looking for more details. I plan on doing the same when I get to The Finest and SPM next April.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Secrets first review

Our travel agent has told us that the hotel is due to open 3 weeks early but can not take bookings for then as it is a soft opening to help prepare for the main opening we arrive on the 24/11/2014 for 14 nights and plan on doing a live from as it may help others to judge what the new resort is like at that stage.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
641 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Secrets first review

Look forward to your thread lee. Dying to know what the swim ups are like and block and room recommendations. We don't go till April. Only 306 days. Not that I'm counting!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Secrets first review

Yes as we are going only 9 days after the official opening i will not be able to get that sort of information for myself about which buildings and which swim outs have sun in the morning as preferred to those in the afternoon but this trip will be a fact finding one as we have left a deposit for October 2015 all being well.

I did find the swim outs at maroma more appealing and easier to use than those at excellence resorts.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres
Recent Conversations