We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrived Yesterday

Level Contributor
14 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Arrived Yesterday

We arrived at EPM Saturday around noon. We choose Canada Transfers & it was very smooth. George, our driver, had a XX Amber for me & a Pacifico for my wife.

We checked-in at the EC lounge, got our buzzer and went to lunch at the grill. After lunch, we went to the beach for a couple of hours. I'm not 100% sure we went to the EC end of the beach. We were near the water sports area.

At 3:00, we went back to the lounge and our room was ready. I had requested an RTT in 8b and they nailed it. Thank you TA & this forum...

We went to dinner at Basmati last night. We arrived at 6:15 & had the place to ourselves for the first 30 minutes. That was our first Indian food experience and it exceeded our expectations. The Tikka Chicken was great. We also had an appetizer that I called 'red chicken' and it was crazy good. We tried the Kufi ice cream & coconut custard desserts and bailed out after a bite of each. Next time, more red chicken, no dessert.

We went to the EC lounge for coffee & dessert. The staff in there are outstanding and have already started learning our names. We went back this morning for coffee after breakfast. I'm thinking I'd do EC again for the coffee machine in there. It's early, but that's the best cup of coffee we've found so far.

We intended to go the the Fire Show last night but fell asleep on the patio. The singers sounded great from our patio. Hopefully tonight, we'll stay up late enough to check out the entertainment up close.

I'm currently holding down a chair by the lazy river; living the dream... So far, this is everything we hoped for.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrived Yesterday

Sounds like paradise! Enjoy!! Thank you for the "live" thread.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrived Yesterday

It's our last day of our honeymoon today. Hope that you have as wonderful a time as we have. 😀 I have loved every second here. We enjoyed Basmati, Argarve, Chez Isabelle and the Grill also the beach dinner too .

St. Thomas Ontario
Level Contributor
359 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrived Yesterday

Sounds like a great start to your vacation, enjoy.

Level Contributor
14 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrived Yesterday

We were well taken care of at the lazy river yesterday by Yesema. She seemed to be covering a lot of ground by herself but continued to smile. We opted for the brick oven pizza for a late lunch and it was great. The gentleman making the pizzas doesn't mess around. When we got back to our room yesterday afternoon, the Negra Modelas I requested were in our fridge. We've not touched the liquor in our room but will definitely enjoy the beer today. I pulled the fridge away from the wall and have been leaving the cabinet door open as much as possible.

Yesterday afternoon, I received my second "how is everything" call. This time they asked about our dinner plans. When we arrived at Toscana last night we were taken to a table decorated with rose petals. Eric was our server and he was excellent. We were treated to a special menu and the chef came out to introduce each course. The food was great and we really appreciated the personal attention. We again skipped the show because we were stuffed and wiped out from the sun.

We're planning to enjoy our RTT tonight and listen to the music coming from Cafe Kafe and the theater. As I sit on the balcony typing this, the first construction noise we've heard has just started. It sounds like pile driving next door; I can't image that it's going to get in our way. This place is beautiful, the sun is shining and I look forward to another day experiencing the EPM hospitality and the hard-working staff.

Edited: 16 June 2014, 14:26
Harrisburg
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrived Yesterday

Sigh - sounds heavenly!! Thanks for the updates!! Enjoy your vaca!! :)

Tennessee
Level Contributor
119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrived Yesterday

Are y'all celebrating your anniversary? Enjoy every minute of it!

Level Contributor
14 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrived Yesterday

We're celebrating our 19th Anniversary. Had a great day yesterday. We rode jet skis & took out a hobie cat. I hadn't sailed before but the young man at the beach took us out for a few minutes and we were ok after that. I won't be doing any cup sailing or anything but we did manage to make it out and back without incident.

We discovered the 7b pool and that's been a great place to hangout. The service is excellent and it's pretty small & quiet. What's cool about this place is that there is something for everyone. The swim-up bar pool is on the rowdy end of the scale, the lazy river is in the middle and the small EC pools are on the quiet end.

We had nachos & a quesadilla for lunch yesterday, brought by Carlos, the excellent waiter at this pool. Dulce, the concierge at the pool, took great care of us; she couldn't be nicer... We spent a couple hours before dinner on our terrace. It was shaded with a nice breeze; the perfect place for a nap.

For dinner, I had booked La Cava at Chez Isabelle. The room was nice enough, decorated with rose petals and stuff. Pretty sterile, but still a nice excuse to enjoy a couple nice bottles of wine and make it a little extra special for my wife. I had the sea bass and my wife had the surf & turf (mine was better..).

We've had breakfast as Toscana every morning. There's so much variety and you can go light or heavy. The coffee isn't good but that's my only small complaint. We've just got in the habit of using the Nespresso machine in our room or the turbo one in the EC lounge. Again, it's hard to complain about anything here. If you're friendly, polite and appreciative, the staff treat you unbelievably. Someone has asked us about our dinner plans every day.

We'd come back here in a minute.

Level Contributor
14 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrived Yesterday

Tuesday was another fantastic day. Breakfast as Toscana, parasailing and the. Finding our spot at the 7b pool. I recommend parasailing, it was our first time and it was awesome. I got aerial pictures of the construction next door; I'll figure out how to post a couple eventually.

We had lunch at the lobster house; the suckling pig tacos were great. My wife's fajitas were ok.

We spent the afternoon at the 7b pool again being waited on by Carlos (he rocks..). Several times, he has brought us drinks before we even ask for them. Very nice guy...

Before dinner, we went to the bar at Agave and had a couple tamarind margaritas - they were outstanding. We went to dinner at Spice after that. The Pad Thai was pretty good as was the tempura dish my wife had. We also had a great sampler appetizer, the one with curried chicken and it was great. We also split a California roll; good taste, not much crab, but still good.

We hung out for a bit near Cafe Kafe, before heading up to our room. A bit of rain overnight, but otherwise the weather has been fantastic. We also started calling the EC lounge the Extra Calorie lounge. There's always something in there that you don't need but can't pass up. We stop in there way too often to check the World Cup scores and grab a snack or a cup of coffee. It's a nice option.

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
322 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arrived Yesterday

Just wondering what is your room number? We will be there in August for our 6th time. We usually stay in building 9 but not this year.

Louisville
Level Contributor
231 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arrived Yesterday

Great updates, glad you are having such fun.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres
Recent Conversations