We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Playa Mujeres

Summerville, South...
1 post
Save Topic
Secrets Playa Mujeres

We honeymooned last December at Secrets Maroma Beach, and loved it! It was a wonderful stay! We wanted our anniversary trip to be at another Secrets location. We recently booked the new Playa Mujerres resort in January 2015, the price seemed right and the resort will be brand new!

I know no one has pictures or reviews yet, but I'm curious if anyone has stayed at a brand new Secrets resort in the past? If so, how was it? Did everything go smoothly? He was service? Food?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres

AMResorts opened a new brand called "Breathless" in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic last November. I visited for a week in January. It was wonderful! I think opening a resort in the DR would be more problematic than opening in Mexico. The initial reviews were not good but did improve by January. All of the advertised amenities were available and the resort construction was complete. I, personally, would have no problem booking a stay at SPM in January. You might experience some glitches in service, but in my experience, they were minor.

Florida
Level Contributor
150 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres

I stayed at STV just a couple of months after it had opened. Everything was excellent. Service, restaurants, room, etc. The only issue we had was that the hotel is made up of many large glass panels. They hadn't sealed them very well and it rained pretty much every day. The poor workers had hundreds of beach towels lining every hallway to try to keep the water from flooding the hotel. They had to move all of the chairs away from the glass. They must have called in every single worker on staff because they were constantly replacing the towels and using squeegees on the floors. They worked so hard and made the best of a pretty bad situation. I would definitely stay there again and am actually booked at SPM for this December.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the feedback! I am excited, regardless, but I want to be me tally prepared for the "newness" of the resort. Ill be sure to let you know SPM is when i return! Thanks again!

Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
228 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres

I too stayed at STV shortly after opening(about two months)...there were no problems...it was amazing! WE are being even braver this time and staying the first week SPM opens...I am sure there will be some room for improvements, but they did such a great job with STV, I am not that worried:)

5. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 06:16